Hacking Save game on different firmware query

TheJinKazama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm about to start playing Mario Kart 7 on my 4.1 3DS on Gateway 1.2 (assuming it runs ok). If so, can I later update to the latest Gateway Omega firmware on system firmware 4.5 and still use my save game?

Thanks

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, from what I know there are no save game issues between Gateway versions. There is an issue if you wanted to use this save on a legit 6.x+ 3DS later for certain games, but that shouldn't be an issue if you're just pirating it and Mario Kart is not one of those games anyway.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were a few issues with some games whose 1.2 saves did not carry over to Omega. I can't remember which ones that they were, but I remember reading about them on the Maxconsole support forum. gamesquest1 could probably tell you more about them and any fixes for that since he is very active on that forum too.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik bravely default was the only game that had save incompatibility between 1.2 and 2.0/2.1

gbatemp.net/threads/bravely-default-1-2-2-1-save-fix.364366/
this will fix it for 2.1, should work for any other games that had saves incompatible between 1.2 and 2.1(as i said i only know of bravely default)
but this only applies to games played in emunand, it won't fix the incompatibility of retail saves with emunand

Reactions: MGS1980

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu