Gaming Save from .ISO wont work with retail UMD

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so at this point you're using the exact same psp, iso, and save...just on a different memory stick?

are both memory sticks set up the same way as far as plugins go? same ones on/off?
is this the case with any other game when played on this memory stick?

how were you loading the UMD if you're on CFW?

Syfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two psps, a 1000 and a 2000. the 1000 is running on CFW and the 2000 is running on OFW. Essentially what I want to do is be able to play the save from my iso save to my umd on my 2000. I tried playing it and it didn't work.

Then I tried playing the UMD on my CFW but it asked me to update since I'm running 5.00 M33-6 with prometheus. So I left the 2000 in the corner since I found out the problem lied with the save.

Both of the sticks are set up the same way and they have the same plugins.....although I just checked and the 4 gig had them all enabled while the 8 gig had them disabled. I just disabled them all and now it works O.o Well that solves that. Is there any way though to convert the save or something so that the UMD can recognize the game?

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When transferring your saves, did you move the ULUS10505 folder (system data) and the ULUS 105050000 folder (save data)?
I got curious so I transferred my patched ISO and those 2 folders to my second memstick (exact duplicate of my first memstick (plugins, settings, etc)). I was able to load my saves from both of the memstick

Old8oy said:
well, the game IDs match so it's probably an issue with it the saves being created on CFW or with prometheus.

I was guessing it was because of prometheus. Especially since all the game saves I made with 5.50 prometheus is not compatible with 5.00 M33-6 with/without the prometheus plug in.

Syfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I managed to get it to work on the other memory stick, it was because I had some plugins enabled and some were disabled so I fixed that, however, I'm still stuck with the problem of not being able to load the save through umd.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you can try at least.... Dump your own UMD to ISO, patch yourself so that you have an ISO playable on CFW from that UMD. Then use SGDeemer to create a decrypted save version using the original game where your save worked. Then try and import that decrypted save into your dumped ISO and reencrypt. If that works you'll have a save that works with your UMD.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. There is a UMD dumper that saves the dump in a .ISO format that comes on PSPFiler, which can be found here. Once you put PSPFiler onto your Memory Stick, you should load it up, select a language, and press either X or Triangle; both of them will bring up different menus; only one of them has the UMD ripping function on the menu; it will tell you what button needs to be pressed to use it.

2. Patch the .ISO that is created like normal.

3. Use SGDeemer, which can be found here (I'm not sure if this is the latest version; I've never used it before), to create a decrypted save version using the original .ISO that worked with your save game (I have no experience with this, so I'm not sure what else I can put here).

4. Try to import the decrypted save from your dumped UMD .ISO and re-encrypt it (Again, I've never used this, so I don't have anymore information).

5. It should spit out a save that works with your UMD.

Syfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all right so I followed all of your instructions up to this point MissingNo. I made a decrypted save of the game but when I try to load the .iso of the game I dumped I get an error. This is probably because I didn't patch it. Should I patch it or is there something else I need to do?

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syfe said:
all right so I followed all of your instructions up to this point MissingNo. I made a decrypted save of the game but when I try to load the .iso of the game I dumped I get an error. This is probably because I didn't patch it. Should I patch it or is there something else I need to do?

I know that I'm a hacking God, but I don't know about this since I've never needed to use it.

If someone can PM me instructions on how to make a plug-in-less .ISO of the U version of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (no ROMs please!), then I'll be happy to look into it for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it