Gaming Save from .ISO wont work with retail UMD

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, just writing for a friend. He had gotten a copy of KH: BBS, and he's been playing it on 5.00M33-6 + Prometheus hack/patch, And he managed to save just fine and was able to replay his saves from the .ISO. He purchased the retail copy, (what a good guy!) and now his save doesn't run. To add to that, he says that when he saves with the .ISO, the save file is only 288kb, but the back of the retail box says the save should be 576kb.

As well, he transferred his .iso from his 8gb to his 4gb, and he transferred his save data as well, and it still wouldn't load EVEN WITH the .iso!!! So he can ONLY run it off the 8gb Card.

Any idea what the deal is? Thanks in advance, temperrrss.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
To add to that, he says that when he saves with the .ISO, the save file is only 288kb, but the back of the retail box says the save should be 576kb.

I thought it should've been smaller due to the patch...
And what .ISO and UMD is he using? English? Japanese?

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I think that he should try reformating the 4GB card since the save didn't load there.
Was 288kb the file size after or before he tried loading the save with the UMD?

EDIT: Nice talking with you.
EDIT 2: I love how 2 Guests are reading this. Do you guys perhaps have the same problem?
EDIT 3:
taxi-driver-you-talkin-to-me-5000052.jpg

EDIT 4: I'M TALKING TO ALL OF YA

EDIT 0: ENOUGH
EDIT 0.5: DON'T *scribbles*

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
To add to that, he says that when he saves with the .ISO, the save file is only 288kb, but the back of the retail box says the save should be 576kb.
The KHBBS ISO took 576kb for me. 288kb for my progress savedata, and another 288kb for the system save data, totaling 576kb.

QUOTE(sonknuck23 @ Sep 8 2010, 01:42 AM) As well, he transferred his .iso from his 8gb to his 4gb, and he transferred his save data as well, and it still wouldn't load EVEN WITH the .iso!!! So he can ONLY run it off the 8gb Card.
What prometheus method is he using? The install or the plugin?

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Teny said:
sonknuck23 said:
The KHBBS ISO took 576kb for me. 288kb for my progress savedata, and another 288kb for the system save data, totaling 576kb.

I... never though about it that way. Don't answer my last question, then.

Syfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm the one having the issue with the saves so is there anyone who knows a solution to the problem?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I read somewhere that the iso out there is not retail (promo or something). So it might be that the save file is not compatible with retail .. I donno, just a thought

Syfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but how does that answer the fact that when I load the game with an already patched iso on another memory stick the save data still won't load?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syfe said:
but how does that answer the fact that when I load the game with an already patched iso on another memory stick the save data still won't load?

are both isos patched in exactly the same manner?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.