Save files disappeared.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Manic, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Manic
    OP

Manic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2009
    United States
    I recently got an Acekard 2i, and installed AKAIO and the software update on it. I played games that I had installed onto the SD card, and they all ran fine. But, when I turned off the DS and checked back on my save, for example, Ghost Trick, the save was gone. When checking in the SD, the .sav is clearly there. I tried renaming the rom file and the .sav extension to .SAV to no avail. I am currently using it on a DSi with its system firmware at 1.4.2U. Anyone know what may be going on or what has to be done?

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally change the settings to use .nds.sav?

3. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    What version of AKAIO are you using? Why are you changing the game file to .SAV?

4. Manic
    OP

Manic Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2009
    United States
    The settings are pretty much at default. I checked and it's set to read .sav files only. I tried renaming the save file to .SAV to see if it would read it then, but it didn't work. The version of AKAIO I am using is 1.8.7

5. molh394

molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2004
    Senegal
    Try testing the save on an emulator then, e.g. DeSmuME. Load the ROM, then go to File -> Import Backup Memory, and select the save to load it onto desmume. Then see if you are able to load the saved progress.

6. HammerGuy

HammerGuy Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2011
    I think I know what the problem is. Try this:

1. In AKAIO, press the START button. A menu should pop up.

2. Choose "System Options".

3. In "Set file list type" change from "NDS" to "NDS + SAV".

Check if the save is there.