Hacking Save Conversion

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a DS-Linker. Now, I know that I've used saves from my other carts on the DS-Linker before. But for some reason, I'm having a really hard time getting my PoR save to work.

I'm trying to get the PoR save from my SCDS1 to work in my DS-Linker. Of course I've renamed the file exactly as the rom name. I'm even using the exact same rom that is on the SCDS1. So, I've tried just simply dragging and dropping the save into the DS-Linker, but the game won't recognize the save.

The save is 512kb. I have a DoS save already in my DS-Linker, and that is 256kb. So I tried converting the PoR save into 256kb with DSSavetool, but the game still won't recognize the save. And when I try and convert the save in Shuny's Converter(using SCDS1 as the source format, and DS-Linker as the target format), I get an error saying that the file does not need converting.

So I really have no idea what's going on. Like I mentioned, I got saves from other carts working on this one before, but I have no idea what I did to get them to work.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please forgive my ignorance but PoR, DoS ?

Have you tried deleting the lastsave.sdb file in the DSYSTEM folder at the same time you copy the correctly named PoR file to the card? Perhaps you are inadvertently copying over your manually copied save game every time you switch on your dslinker (the dslinker backs up the last game played save data on start up).

Be sure to that the xmenu is set up to use a savetype of the same format as that of the custom save. If the savetype in xmenu is set to auto (and it guesses differently to the format of your custom save) or is set manually to something different, then it will ignore the save data in the .sav file and try to overwrite it with a new save to the forma set in xmenu.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Porkdish, I'll give deleting lastsave.sdb a shot. And yes, I had it set on Auto. I don't know what save type I should PoR on. But I'll just try them all and see if the game picks up the same.

And by the way, PoR is Portrait of Ruin, and DoS is Dawn of Sorrow.

And Paul if you mentioned shunyweb.info so I can use his converter to convert the save, I've tried that already. And honestly, I've never had a save work like it should when converting a save with that converter. So I don't know why I even tried it with this one. DSSavetool is what I usually use. But the save didn't even work with that.

Thanks for the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉