Saturn Valley Online

If you like Earthbound you'll like this game once the new version is released
wink.gif
 
Skye07 said:
I saw the other PC homebrew so I figured I'd contact another world to ask if SVO is worth frontpage news.

As for the server, it's currently running on a server machine in my garage but if I see there are too many people for it to handle, I can move it to a friend's dedicated server in a datacenter in Holland and it should be able to hold 200-300 people online simultaneously. But then again, I don't think we'll reach that number anytime soon. I'd be happy with 50 online at the same time.

Also maybe worth a mention:

If you're a pixelartist, we're still looking for someone to help us create some new Earthbound-looking graphics.
Also a PHP programmer and a C# programmer would be welcome to join. We got 2 C# programmers at the moment but they're very busy in real life so development could speed up with a third.

Is it 100% pure .net or are you using p/invoke and the win32 API as well?
 
Cool, I came here looking for DS news and saw SVO on frontpage.
I know this game, already played the vbgore version.
Was cool, but there wasn't much to do because I played on alpha stage. But the map was really good.
 
Thanks Sohakes
smile.gif


We're using .Net Framework 3.5 and the SFML lib

EDIT:

Also the guy behind the Netgore MMORPG engine said he wants the the client and server to be multiplatform so not really Win32 API calls there. It should even work on Linux with mono but I haven't tried that.
 

Site & Scene News