Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo has just passed away - aged 55

9H9hS4j.jpg

In a shocking turn of events, President of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata, has just passed away. Story and info is currently developing.

Nintendo has just issued a short statement announcing that president Satoru Iwata has passed away at the age of 55.

The statement reads:

Nintendo Co., Ltd. deeply regrets to announce that President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth.

Satoru Iwata initially began as a programmer, having begun at HAL Laboratories, developing titles such as Kirby and Earthbound. After becoming acquainted with then-director of Nintendo, Hiroshi Yamauchi, he was offered a position in 2000 at Nintendo and succeeded Yamauchi as the president of Nintendo.

Throughout Mr. Iwata's tenure at Nintendo, he spearheaded many different and unique gaming experiences for fans all over the world to reach - mainly, the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo Wii console. Mr. Iwata also garnered much praise for his down-to-earth appearances in the Nintendo Direct announcements and through a series of interviews called Iwata Asks, in which a round table is conducted with developers to talk and look more closely at Nintendo titles.

Lately, Mr. Iwata has seen his share of struggles with the Nintendo Wii U, but looked forward to a brightening horizon with the Nintendo NX and the DeNA platform. It's truly saddening to think that he won't get to witness this dream coming to fruition. He will, however, be remembered for his contributions and for making gaming accessible to a worldwide audience.

On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer. -Satoru Iwata

:arrow: SOURCE

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad to here, may he rest in peace.

Just had my gallbladder removed last year, wonder if he had the same nagging pain and could've prevented this.... Guess we will never know.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sad to here, may he rest in peace.

Just had my gallbladder removed last year, wonder if he had the same nagging pain and could've prevented this.... Guess we will never know.
It was cancer, and I'm guessing if it could have been solved with a gallbladder removal, they would have been all over that. He had a growth removed last year around this time, but apparently that wasn't enough to stop the cancer.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Deleted User

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What, is this for real? Not a joke?

I'm just sceptical because it's hard to believe Mr. Iwata's really gone. It feels so weird and out of place.

Rest in peace if you're dead, Mr. Iwata.
The source is an official statement from Nintendo. It's legit.

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
...What?, i can't actually believe it, the own president of Nintendo, died today, i mean, what?, i'm so confused right now, he didn't gave enough information about his health at all, and it should be, since he was the president of Nintendo, the P of the Big N, this is so shocking to me, i was thinking that Iwata was going to die before Miyamoto, but this?, damn, my condolences to the family of Iwata and Nintendo, i hope Nintendo can go forward even after his death... Damn, i still can't believe it, fuck. :cry:

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WHAT? Fuck!

That was unexpected :(

I know that people say that he was not a good president sometimes ...but really ...I like that guy. He legitimately always seemed to me to be trying what he could to help Nintendo (even if some people don't like the results).

He was charismatic, and made a big difference to how Nintendo approaches the public. Nintendo after Iwata is a much more personal and intimate Nintendo than before. Nintendo Directs, Iwata Asks (that I liked a lot), and his whole personal approach to the public... I like that, and I hope that If something stays from what he developed, that it be this direct approach that he had.

original.gif

Iwata, you were cool :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit