Hacking SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check your countries online stores - in the UK the price of these have dropped alot as ultra and premier versions are coming out so its a good bit cheaper than dx price.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Please someone confirm to me that, by manually setting the read speed in the firmware or using DMA, that the Castlevania DoS intro does not lag and PoR doesn't freeze and I will order one for myself for my Hatchday.
biggrin.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Using a Class 4 sandisk card may freeze often, since I have a Sandisk 8 gig class 4 myself, and know this by experience.

Every once in awhile, it freezes for me. But when I turn on the tripple loader, it never freezes.

The funny thing is, Castlevania on the scds1, not the tripple loader, it was one of the games that never froze so far.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What about the Dawn of Sorrow intro, does it run smooth? If the triple loader, DSTT in particular cause it seems fast, can solve any and all lag and freeze problems on the Sandisk 8GB that'd be awesome.

geokilla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I already ordered from DX. I just hope it'll be fine and fast enough. If it's not, I can change the speed setting on the Supercard I believe to a higher number.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
What about the Dawn of Sorrow intro, does it run smooth? If the triple loader, DSTT in particular cause it seems fast, can solve any and all lag and freeze problems on the Sandisk 8GB that'd be awesome.

The castlevania title I've tried is the Dawn of Sorrow.

It may surprise you, but the hacked dstt firmware "kills" the lags does.

I've tested the same game on both of them, and when I played the intro on the hacked DSTT firmware on the SCDS1, it ran very smoothly even with a Sandisk card. When I tried it on the SCDS1 firmware, it lagged.

And on the DSTT firmware, it has never froze on me, yet. It also has less game corruptions, so it seems. Summon Night twin age had a corruption on the game (Happens a lot, but never had an incident where the SAV actually corrupts and becomes unplayable. But that happened on Summon night, and Summon night only.), and I've decided to use the DSTT firmware, it worked fine, with no problems at all.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So you're telling me that, with the DSTT firmware, the SCDS-1 can run highly demanding games smooth and fast on mediocre memories such as class 4 8GB? That is simply AWESOME! I am SO glad I chose the SCDS.... now just gotta wait for it to arrive, it hasn't even shipped. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM