SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by geokilla, Jun 19, 2008.

Jun 19, 2008

SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 by geokilla at 1:29 AM (1,361 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. geokilla
    OP

Member geokilla GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is the SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 a fast enough SD card for the SuperCard? I've been reading that the SuperCard DS can be a bit picky with the SD cards, causing lag in games and stuff.

2. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Yes it will work fine. Even class 2s work fine on my Supercard.

3. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Oooh that's cheap!

I've got that and I use it on CycloDS, very happy with it.

4. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    check your countries online stores - in the UK the price of these have dropped alot as ultra and premier versions are coming out so its a good bit cheaper than dx price.

5. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    Please someone confirm to me that, by manually setting the read speed in the firmware or using DMA, that the Castlevania DoS intro does not lag and PoR doesn't freeze and I will order one for myself for my Hatchday. [​IMG]

6. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Using a Class 4 sandisk card may freeze often, since I have a Sandisk 8 gig class 4 myself, and know this by experience.

Every once in awhile, it freezes for me. But when I turn on the tripple loader, it never freezes.

The funny thing is, Castlevania on the scds1, not the tripple loader, it was one of the games that never froze so far.

7. Searinox

Romania
    What about the Dawn of Sorrow intro, does it run smooth? If the triple loader, DSTT in particular cause it seems fast, can solve any and all lag and freeze problems on the Sandisk 8GB that'd be awesome.

8. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Well I already ordered from DX. I just hope it'll be fine and fast enough. If it's not, I can change the speed setting on the Supercard I believe to a higher number.

9. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    The castlevania title I've tried is the Dawn of Sorrow.

It may surprise you, but the hacked dstt firmware "kills" the lags does.

I've tested the same game on both of them, and when I played the intro on the hacked DSTT firmware on the SCDS1, it ran very smoothly even with a Sandisk card. When I tried it on the SCDS1 firmware, it lagged.

And on the DSTT firmware, it has never froze on me, yet. It also has less game corruptions, so it seems. Summon Night twin age had a corruption on the game (Happens a lot, but never had an incident where the SAV actually corrupts and becomes unplayable. But that happened on Summon night, and Summon night only.), and I've decided to use the DSTT firmware, it worked fine, with no problems at all.

10. Searinox

Romania
    So you're telling me that, with the DSTT firmware, the SCDS-1 can run highly demanding games smooth and fast on mediocre memories such as class 4 8GB? That is simply AWESOME! I am SO glad I chose the SCDS.... now just gotta wait for it to arrive, it hasn't even shipped. XD

11. geokilla
    OP

Canada
    Actually nevermind. I'm going to open a thread and ask some questions about the SuperCard.