Sandboxie (this is a good util for TF2 as well as combatting malware/spyware/virii)

Amber Lamps

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you whom don't know and want to be in the know. There is a program called Sandboxie that I have come across while I used steam and what the benefit of it was, it allows you to open more than one copy of steam in different little virtual boxes within Windows. That way, you can take all your paid steam accounts and run them all on idle servers in TF2 at the same time to obtain items for trade. There are tutorials out there for scripting this etc but I won't get into that here since I don't know how to do it.

Also sandboxie was likely developed to combat malware/spyware/virii in web browsing since its default setup puts a shortcut to your default web browser on your desktop so that you can launch it within one of these virtual boxes.

I have been using it for a couple of days and it works great. And I visit some sites that probably are filled with virii and this is a fresh install of Windows 7 and it remains clean. I have Kaspersky installed and it has not detected any virii at all aside from it thinking that two update EXE files for 64Drive (Nintendo64 Flash Cart) were virii which they probably aren't but who knows I haven't run them.

So anyway check it out, it is a cool tool. I would recommend staff to consider posting it on the front page although it isn't really exactly a game. But you can run steam in it so yeah.

http://www.sandboxie.com/ This is where to get it if you want to check it out.

Anyways, back to your normally scheduled program.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TF2 idling doesn't work anymore unless you're a) not running in textmode and b) you have some way to pretend to be playing (ie. an automove script). just an FYI.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TF2 idling doesn't work anymore unless you're a) not running in textmode and b) you have some way to pretend to be playing (ie. an automove script). just an FYI.
Yup this. Idling is pretty much dead, it worked brilliantly with Sandboxie for so long, but they recently shut it down :'(
Sad, now this excellent program doesn't get much use from me anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show