"NSP Forwarder Generator" - An online tool to create NRO/RetroArch forwarders

Frok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you, this online tool is fantastic. :)

I'm wondering if it's possible to create Uae4All2 forwarders too. I've done some tests using the Retroarc section, but all I was able to do was only to start the emulator.
As an alternative [a bit OT], is it possible to install Uae4All2 as a RetroArc core, so maybe it could work? But I don't see the core if I try to install it.

Thanks.

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States

I'm wondering if it's possible to create Uae4All2 forwarders too. I've done some tests using the Retroarc section, but all I was able to do was only to start the emulator.
As an alternative [a bit OT], is it possible to install Uae4All2 as a RetroArc core, so maybe it could work? But I don't see the core if I try to install it.

Thanks.

It should work if you set the Uae4All2 nro file as the Core Path, and then set the path to the game file as ROM Path.

If that doesn't automatically launch the game, then it's possible that Uae4All2 is not checking the argv when launching to boot straight into a game, in which case you'd need to ask the author of Uae4All2 to add support for that feature.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.
I made a new test version of UAE4All2 where this should work with the forwarder here (use the retroarch version):
https://nsp-forwarder.n8.io/retroarch

Link to the test version of UAE4All2 where it should work:
https://files.coolatoms.org/uae4all2.nro

To test it, I
- started the emulator normally
- inserted Superfrog disk 1
- saved the config with name "superfrog" using the Config - Save As option in UAE4All2
- I checked that the config was saved to my SD card with the full name /switch/uae4all2/conf/superfrog.conf

I then made myself a forwarder with a Superfrog Icon, using these options:

Core:
/switch/uae4all2/uae4all2.nro
Rom:
/switch/uae4all2/conf/superfrog.conf

When I started the forwarder, Superfrog automatically launched.

Tell me if it works for you. I might make a new official UAE4All2 version soon.

Last edited by rsn8887,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I made a new test version of UAE4All2 where this should work with the forwarder here (use the retroarch version):
https://nsp-forwarder.n8.io/retroarch

Link to the test version of UAE4All2 where it should work:
https://files.coolatoms.org/uae4all2.nro

To test it, I
- started the emulator normally
- inserted Superfrog disk 1
- saved the config with name "superfrog" using the Config - Save As option in UAE4All2
- I checked that the config was saved to my SD card with the full name /switch/uae4all2/conf/superfrog.conf

I then made myself a forwarder with a Superfrog Icon, using these options:

Core:
/switch/uae4all2/uae4all2.nro
Rom:
/switch/uae4all2/conf/superfrog.conf

When I started the forwarder, Superfrog automatically launched.

Tell me if it works for you. I might make a new official UAE4All2 version soon.
Wow thank you so much for this, I've been wanting this feature for ages. Now I can play GODS and Benefactor and a few other games that I like easily. Nice update.

EDIT: Yep it works just fine for me, I made an NRO forwarder for Gods and it works great.

Last edited by mrdude,
Reactions: rsn8887

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I try to generate a few times a startup icon/nsp for Retroarch and my "Disney's Hercules" rom.
Retroarch is starting but then I get an error "Failed to load content". If I start Retroarch and the Rom from hbmenu it works without issues. Just from NS start screen it doesn't.

FW: 17.0.1 / AMS 1.6.2|E with newest Sigpatches

EDIT:
I also tried it right now with "Digimon World". Same issue. Isn't it starting with shortcut into "Applet Mode"?

FIXED:
After some testings with different directory paths, I get it to work.

Last edited by Ch3ck3rM0n,

Ch3ck3rM0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All processing is done in the web browser, client side. There is no server involved. So it should work offline already.
Good to know that you are not collecting our prod.keys B-)
Anyway, do you have also an NDS forwarder? I want to forward my NintendoDS roms loading from MelonDS into my Homescreen. At the moment I just can forward MelonDS himself but no rom.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know that you are not collecting our prod.keys B-)
Anyway, do you have also an NDS forwarder? I want to forward my NintendoDS roms loading from MelonDS into my Homescreen. At the moment I just can forward MelonDS himself but no rom.
Melonds doesn't load roms with forwarders like retroarch. You gotta ask the dev of melonds to support it. The only other emu that does this like retroarch is ppsspp. To my knowledge, no other emu does this

EDIT: You could do this with the retroarch nds cores tho

Last edited by kidkat210,
Reactions: Ch3ck3rM0n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto