Samurai Warrior 3 is on DVD9

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by btfanusa, Dec 2, 2009.

1. btfanusa
    OP

btfanusa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    According to some Chinese forum, some people have the dump and it is on a 7.9 gig DVD9. Now I was one of those people who bought Smash Brothers legit but couldn't get it to load on my chipped Wii due to it being a DVD9. I had to sell it right away for a small loss and play the gimped 4.7G version. Does that mean the legit Samurai Warriors 3 is unlikely to work for me also, or has one of the newer homebrew loaders like Softchip or Neogamma solved this problem? THanks!

2. Tagg7

Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Not a rumor. It is on a DVD9. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though.

3. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    You should be able to run it through a cIOS

on another note, the conduit special edition is also dual layer.

4. btfanusa
    OP

btfanusa Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2007
    United States
    Thanks for the replies, but just to clarify my situation with the Smash Brother games, I wasn't even able to get my Wii to recognize the disc at all; after I put in the disc, the laser would make some crazy, loud clicking noises and I just get the "???" in the Disc Channel. Would that be solved with the cIOS? THanks again.

5. xdeadxpoolx

xdeadxpoolx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2008
    United States
    I bought mt SSBB legit so I don't completely know about the problems, but there is a cIOS that supports dual layer discs.

cIOSCORP v3.5 Release!-The extras installer has this.

6. BenieUK

BenieUK GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2009
    Sounds like he's saying his laser has a problem with DVD9's...

7. Dmon84

Dmon84 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Stuttgart
    if the game doesn't get recognized, then your laser has problems with such discs. A cIOS doesn't really solve that problem but you could use a USB Loader to run those games.

8. mattjd

mattjd GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2009
    Malvern
    My friend had this problem I bought a £5 wii lens cleaner kit from amazon and when the pad came out it was really dirty I then inserted my legit brawl and it worked a treat [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice