Samsung Note 7 Discontinued! Did you have one?

• Thread starter DKB
  • Start date
  • Views 3,731
  • Replies 62
  • Likes 1

Did you get a Samsung Note 7?

• Yes.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • No.

Votes: 66 94.3%
  • Yes. And I still do.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is just the smartphone, right? Tablets not included? My sister has tablets for her children for schoolwork and such, and they are Galaxy Note 7 tablets.
I would think the batteries in the tablets are bigger and thus diffrent than the ones in the phones so they would be using a diffrent micro controller.(which is what apparently was at fault) however Best to Google or hope that someone that actually knows what they're talking about comes along(because I seriously don't). So take what I say with a grain of salt, however I haven't heard of a single tablet catching fire

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck no, why would I pay such a high price for a phone, when I can get a decent one for more than half the price?

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The rush against the clock didn't help them at all...they surely pushed production at 200% of Note 6 made it waterproof and renamed it Note7 they blew themself just because of money against apple ! This phone not gonna be rare at all ,it is just a garbage exploding brick , if you want some rare garbage that never explode get the Philips CD-i lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just the smartphone, right? Tablets not included? My sister has tablets for her children for schoolwork and such, and they are Galaxy Note 7 tablets.
if you mean the Note 8" then yes those are fine, samsung hasnt put out new note tablets since 2013 (and early 2014 with the note 12.2")

Last edited by Joe88,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I'm not rich like the people who buys new things on day 1. I'm happy with my samsung galaxy J5 (2015) and I plan on upgrading it to an S6 (or maybe another new mid range model) in two years.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a busted S7 and fixed it up, so I'm happy with it. Very glad I didn't get a note, for sure. I had an S3 before the s7, so it's a huge upgrade for me. Microsd+cheap VR=fun times.

Unfortunately, no stock android possible :'( that's what I get for not researching well enough ahead of time. And they released the pokemon go update that wouldn't let you play on rooted devices, so I couldn't even play pokemon go. On the plus side, it's not exploding.

Reactions: Deleted User

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a busted S7 and fixed it up, so I'm happy with it. Very glad I didn't get a note, for sure. I had an S3 before the s7, so it's a huge upgrade for me. Microsd+cheap VR=fun times.

Unfortunately, no stock android possible :'( that's what I get for not researching well enough ahead of time. And they released the pokemon go update that wouldn't let you play on rooted devices, so I couldn't even play pokemon go. On the plus side, it's not exploding.
aren't there s7 stock roms anywhere?

D

Deleted User

I have an S6 but it's broken - dropped it in the wrong place and the entire screen is toast UwU

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, I was gonna get one of those phones. Really glad I got my iPhone instead. Now I know people balk at Apple, but it's certainly better than being exploded ;O;
People bark at Apple because it's the cool thing to do, you always throw shots at the king.

Reactions: Chary

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aren't there s7 stock roms anywhere?
Apparently with the S7, a lot of the features and hardware are more carrier specific? The amount of work to add support for a lot of the hardware to stock is a lot of work? Personally, I only know how to flash the stuff, and absolutely nothing about developing. I'll see if I can't find a link to the page I found talking about it, though. It was the xda-developers forum. I should also mention I was specifically looking up the Verizon s7.

there are custom roms, but they're all based off of the original rom, not stock android...though hopefully that's changed since I've last looked it up. To xda I go!

Last edited by osaka35,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently with the S7, a lot of the features and hardware are more carrier specific. The amount of work to add support for a lot of the hardware to stock is a lot of work? Personally, I only know how to flash the stuff, and absolutely nothing about developing. I'll see if I can't find a link to the page I found talking about it, though.
but a non-carrier stock rom is better than nothing (oh boy mighty n9)

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a little while, I considered getting the Note 7, but then they started blowing up. I jumped from Samsung to Oneplus at the recommendation of a friend, and it's been amazing.
I feel pretty bad for the people having their phones explode on them, and I hope Samsung can prevent future issues like this.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I was running a GraceUX rom on Note 3 before Samsung starting bugging me to return my "Note7" every few hours (the rom tricks Google/Samsung into thinking my phone is a N7), now I'm running CM13 (less features but huge improvements in speed) even though my SoT is still 2 hours /w new battery.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk