Samsung Galaxy s3 unveiled

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by shakirmoledina, May 3, 2012.

1. shakirmoledina
    OP

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    Source

Simple yet impressive unlike having an s added only

2. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    Is there any info on the estimated price?
    I'm thinking of getting a phone this summer and I'm inclined to this one of it doesn't top the 600€ margin.

3. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    The battery on A fully charged SGS 3 will last for exactly 43 seconds. Am I the only one who thinks this fone is a bit ugly? Besides all that copied functions, it won't be a bad phone.
    Oh, and let's start a flame war: Android suckz, Apple iz better, Samsung is shit, flameflameflame

4. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    It's a bit ugly IMHO, like the poster above says. Looks a bit bland, not what I like in a phone. And really, bigger screen, again?

1 person likes this.
  5. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

May 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Didn´t like the design at first, now I think it´s just kinda meh. I mean, I´ve seen better looking phones but it´s not that ugly either.
    Don´t think I really care about the specs. Only reasons why it´s better than the HTC One X are that it´s got an SD card slot, a slightly bigger screen, and some gimmicks like wireless charging. Oh, and a better battery which is not insignificant.
    Besides that: the One X doesn't have TouchWiz (haven't used an Android for longer than 10 minutes so I'm just going by what most people think there), a proper HD screen (it's not Pentile, unlike the S3), and a proper black front.

6. lismati

lismati Speedrunner in practice

Feb 24, 2010
    Poland
    Yes.
    I know why it seems ugly to us. We just have to look at it, while we have a rose covered in raindrops by a sunset in our minds. That whole nature design BS just makes me laugh. And you wanna connect with nature, by setting your ringtone to a toilet flushing sound?

7. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    Hopefully it turns out to be better than my first impression. I was really looking forward to this.

8. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    so who wins, this or the One X?

cus I have the One X.

I want mine to win

1 person likes this.
  9. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Seriously, S Voice? Must they go down this route?

10. Diffusion

Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Benchmarks say the SIII GPU demolishes One X's Tegra 3.

11. prowler

prowler Sony

Jul 14, 2009
    Ragol
    i didnt even know the one x had tegra 3.

WIN IN MY BOOK. You had a good run SIII.

12. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    this already exists
    the post i mean

13. chris888222

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I just hope Samsung would improve on one: battery. It is okay on the first few times but after just about 100 charges or so it drains drastically. My GS2 (with the given charger) also took about 4 hours to charge. I dunno if this is only me but 4 hours is heck long :(

However I doubt it. Samsung increasing battery capacity but throwing in so many new software tweaks (compared to S2), screen, etc. may not be the solution. I mean the new iPad had its capacity nearly doubled but the battery is still less than the iPad 2 in certain cases. So I really doubt it. But I hope not.

If Samsung and Google do come out with another Nexus, I'm probably going with that.

14. Zerosuit connor

Zerosuit connor Baby I'm Back ♥

Sep 17, 2010
    Eorzea
    I just bought a new phone, gah. I also promised people I wasn't going to upgrade until Optus released a decent 4G phone and if Telstra get their hands on this I am going to rage. When we see the Xperia Play 2. Mention me ;)

15. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    And here she is

[​IMG]

16. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    How about adding longer lasting batteries?? Seriously all these new phones with amazing features, but batteries that suck. I love my HTC Sensation, but I have to carry my charger around for it. It's all these android phones!

1 person likes this.
  17. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a siren, singing directly to my wallet. I want to resist, damn it, but the call is too strong!

18. chris888222

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    I know some idiots like me would be wondering about S Voice, and how it would tarnish Siri or something. Well, here are some points.

1. S Voice is NOT the main selling point about the GSIII. It is just an upgrade from the Predecessor Voice Control (which kinda sucked).
    However, Siri IS the selling point of the iP4S and Apple will push it with updates.

2. I owned a lot of Galaxy phones (Nexus, SII, S, Ace, Mini and W) and I know Samsung rarely/never/dead slow updates their devices. Even so, I think they're kinda bugged. (I dunno about this but many are complaining about the absurd battery life on the GSII after updating to ICS)
    The main selling thing is about its "Nature" theme, which explains the retweaked software and maybe even the design.

3. The description of S Voice is enough to spark Apple to file a lawsuit.

Just kidding on the third part, but yeah these are some of my thoughts. But on the bottom line, S Voice is not a Siri ripoff and won't kill Siri or whatever.

19. finkmac

finkmac GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2011
    Canada
    Over there
    Why… Does it hurt my eyes so… Even the Lumia looks better…

20. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    I look forward to seeing Apple sue Samsung over S Voice. They'll find a way to do it.
    I will stick with my Galaxy Nexus, I see no reason to get this phone over my current one. TouchWiz is still one of the ugliest things I've seen in years.

Not that I'd upgrade, I got my phone a few months ago.
    Samsung should just embrace stock Android.