Legend
OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
The handset has a 4.8 inch (12.2cm) screen, an increase on the 4.3 inch screen of its predecessor. Samsung said that the new Super AMOLED display was 22% larger than its predecessor, but the actual device was not much wider since it had shrunk the size of the bezel.

It added that a mix of "intelligent camera features" and face recognition technology should offer owners a more natural experience. For example, it said that the front camera would identify the user's eyes and would not go dark or lock so long as they were looking at it.

Other features on the S3 include an 8 megapixel camera on the rear, and a 1.9 megapixel front camera for video calls. The phone also uses what is described as a "natural language user interface" dubbed S Voice. The South Korean company said it was a major improvement on the voice control features it included on earlier models (Siri like).

The new handsets will be available from the end of May in Europe. Launches in Asia, the Middle East and Africa will follow. A 4G version will go on sale in the US and South Korea in the summer.

Source

Simple yet impressive unlike having an s added only

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any info on the estimated price?
I'm thinking of getting a phone this summer and I'm inclined to this one of it doesn't top the 600€ margin.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
The battery on A fully charged SGS 3 will last for exactly 43 seconds. Am I the only one who thinks this fone is a bit ugly? Besides all that copied functions, it won't be a bad phone.
Oh, and let's start a flame war: Android suckz, Apple iz better, Samsung is shit, flameflameflame

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Didn´t like the design at first, now I think it´s just kinda meh. I mean, I´ve seen better looking phones but it´s not that ugly either.
Don´t think I really care about the specs. Only reasons why it´s better than the HTC One X are that it´s got an SD card slot, a slightly bigger screen, and some gimmicks like wireless charging. Oh, and a better battery which is not insignificant.
Besides that: the One X doesn't have TouchWiz (haven't used an Android for longer than 10 minutes so I'm just going by what most people think there), a proper HD screen (it's not Pentile, unlike the S3), and a proper black front.

lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I know why it seems ugly to us. We just have to look at it, while we have a rose covered in raindrops by a sunset in our minds. That whole nature design BS just makes me laugh. And you wanna connect with nature, by setting your ringtone to a toilet flushing sound?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just hope Samsung would improve on one: battery. It is okay on the first few times but after just about 100 charges or so it drains drastically. My GS2 (with the given charger) also took about 4 hours to charge. I dunno if this is only me but 4 hours is heck long :(

However I doubt it. Samsung increasing battery capacity but throwing in so many new software tweaks (compared to S2), screen, etc. may not be the solution. I mean the new iPad had its capacity nearly doubled but the battery is still less than the iPad 2 in certain cases. So I really doubt it. But I hope not.

If Samsung and Google do come out with another Nexus, I'm probably going with that.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a new phone, gah. I also promised people I wasn't going to upgrade until Optus released a decent 4G phone and if Telstra get their hands on this I am going to rage. When we see the Xperia Play 2. Mention me ;)

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And here she is

projectgggdsc01353mat600-1336075895.jpg

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
How about adding longer lasting batteries?? Seriously all these new phones with amazing features, but batteries that suck. I love my HTC Sensation, but I have to carry my charger around for it. It's all these android phones!

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a siren, singing directly to my wallet. I want to resist, damn it, but the call is too strong!

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I know some idiots like me would be wondering about S Voice, and how it would tarnish Siri or something. Well, here are some points.

1. S Voice is NOT the main selling point about the GSIII. It is just an upgrade from the Predecessor Voice Control (which kinda sucked).
However, Siri IS the selling point of the iP4S and Apple will push it with updates.

2. I owned a lot of Galaxy phones (Nexus, SII, S, Ace, Mini and W) and I know Samsung rarely/never/dead slow updates their devices. Even so, I think they're kinda bugged. (I dunno about this but many are complaining about the absurd battery life on the GSII after updating to ICS)
The main selling thing is about its "Nature" theme, which explains the retweaked software and maybe even the design.

3. The description of S Voice is enough to spark Apple to file a lawsuit.

Just kidding on the third part, but yeah these are some of my thoughts. But on the bottom line, S Voice is not a Siri ripoff and won't kill Siri or whatever.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I look forward to seeing Apple sue Samsung over S Voice. They'll find a way to do it.
I will stick with my Galaxy Nexus, I see no reason to get this phone over my current one. TouchWiz is still one of the ugliest things I've seen in years.

Not that I'd upgrade, I got my phone a few months ago.
Samsung should just embrace stock Android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end