Status
Not open for further replies.

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freezing after Daddy jumping from window scene on my DSTT and Supercard. The old patches worked. This new one I actually wanna play doesn't.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azeral said:
abandon said:
so, i figure this is probably the best place to post this question...

what i want to know is if anyone has a real idea of what's going on with the AP in this particular title.
using an R4 and a clean rom, i lock up during the transition after the hero comments on his father leaving through windows.
i've found both a patcher and a manual hex edit (for the packed .nds file) which will bypass that scene, but has a chance to lock up during other transitions or when calling certain text such as the transition from a battle to the field map or when a character increases a stat.
if i run the clean rom in an emulator, it doesn't lock up when the hero's father leaves in the beginning, but will lock up randomly during transitions.

what i'd really like is to know how to address this while the rom is unpacked (as opposed to something done to the .nds file after packing). i just started working on a translation, and it's frustrating to not be able to advance far in the game to verify text due to AP issues. so, if anyone here knows about how the AP functions, or where i could go to find that out, please please please let me know.

thanks in advance~!

I am actually having this same problem on an R4 running YSMenu (that is to say, the game freezing at the transition after parental escape). Yes, it's outdated, yes I should replace it just as that man should, but a friend of mine on a Cyclo is having it, as well. Thus, this cannot be exclusive to said card, though there are reports from other Cyclo users of being able to both load their saves and play the game normally, so... there must be some crucial difference here. The ROMs are 128 megabytes and thus should be clean (I even tried using a different one to be sure it was a good dump), we've using the same patch and applied it independently... I don't know. It is a mystery. Perhaps someone else can elucidate.

Funny, considering that one of our team members tested it on a CycloDS without any problems, not to mention there have been others with the same flash cart that can play it fine. Long story short, flash cart problems are caused by the user, not the people making the patch.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neoxephon said:
Funny, considering that one of our team members tested it on a CycloDS without any problems, not to mention there have been others with the same flash cart that can play it fine. Long story short, flash cart problems are caused by the user, not the people making the patch.
you don't have to be a
hate2.gif
about it, before you were all up for trying to find fixes for people who were having problems.
sure it's no sweat off your back if they can't play, but if a majority of the responses are of the patch not working, maybe there is something on the patch end.
m3 users are out of luck, but acekard users are fine with akaio 1.5.1 and all the latest loaders

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Edit* I updated to the new EOS 1.0 on my supercard and it runs fine now. I had intended on keeping my old OS, but if that what it takes to run this thing, I'll use EOS for now, it's not to shabby actually. Still have issues with my DSTT though, I'm stumped that .26 and below worked on it, but this latest patch doesn't. Like I said in the forums on Nex's site, I'll keep messing with the DSTT and see if I can figure out why .26 worked but 1.0 patch doesn't because I know there are plenty of people who own just the DSTT card and are in the same predicament I was in. So, if your a Supercard user, and can't get 1.0 to run, try using EOS 1.0 instead of an older card OS to get it working. As for DSTT users, still working on it.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:
you don't have to be a
hate2.gif
about it, before you were all up for trying to find fixes for people who were having problems.
sure it's no sweat off your back if they can't play, but if a majority of the responses are of the patch not working, maybe there is something on the patch end.
m3 users are out of luck, but acekard users are fine with akaio 1.5.1 and all the latest loaders

Honestly, there is a difference between there being something wrong with the patch and people that (every time any patch is released) either have problems because they are a) using a crappy flash cart, b) using out-dated firmware, or c) just not patching it right. Do you expect me to hold each individual persons hand because they have not done everything they possibly can on their own? Do you know how many people that would mean I'd have to hand-hold? Do you realize how much time that would take, to cater to each individual? I might as well not get any other work done on any of the patches, for I'll be spending all my time helping the 9 out of 10 Internet users that expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

If you're using a decent, well-known flash cart with up-to-date firmware and are patching the ROM properly, then the game will work for you. We cannot test the game on every single flash cart in existence and make a workaround individually for each one.

There is a AP fix applied to the patch, the same one that we have used since day one. In the future, we may look to see if there is another, better one out there. But, right now we are not going to redo the entire patch for the vocal minority that either have a cheap flash cart or just don't want to do things properly on their own.

If you are a part of that minority and cannot play it on your flash cart and you feel the need to play it for fear of total death, you can always play it on a emulator (No$GBA 2.6a works perfect, I personally use that). If that doesn't work, then either wait for a future release to try or go away. This sense of (false) entitlement that Internet pirates have is really starting to push me to the limits.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neoxephon said:
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:
you don't have to be a
hate2.gif

Honestly, there is a difference between there being something wrong with the patch and people that (every time any patch is released) either have problems because they are a) using a crappy flash cart, b) using out-dated firmware, or c) just not patching it right. Do you expect me to hold each individual persons hand because they have not done everything they possibly can on their own? Do you know how many people that would mean I'd have to hand-hold? Do you realize how much time that would take, to cater to each individual? I might as well not get any other work done on any of the patches, for I'll be spending all my time helping the 9 out of 10 Internet users that expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

If you're using a decent, well-known flash cart with up-to-date firmware and are patching the ROM properly, then the game will work for you. We cannot test the game on every single flash cart in existence and make a workaround individually for each one.

There is a AP fix applied to the patch, the same one that we have used since day one. In the future, we may look to see if there is another, better one out there. But, right now we are not going to redo the entire patch for the vocal minority that either have a cheap flash cart or just don't want to do things properly on their own.

If you are a part of that minority and cannot play it on your flash cart and you feel the need to play it for fear of total death, you can always play it on a emulator (No$GBA 2.6a works perfect, I personally use that). If that doesn't work, then either wait for a future release to try or go away. This sense of (false) entitlement that Internet pirates have is really starting to push me to the limits.
This is not about hand-holding, or catering, these are people, who are trying to enjoy the work that the team has put in to making this translation possible, how can they enjoy if something that worked before doesn't anymore. I'm sure 99% of the people asking have done what they could as far as firmware issues goes, and etc.,
The way you're treating the fans of the work, will only cause backlash and hate. The M3 flashcarts are well-known, and from the looks of things, most everybody are using up-to-date firmwares.
This isn't just people saying it's not working, their giving exact points on where it's freezing up, when it stops working, and giving their respective names of flashcarts and firmwares.
If there's a problem everytime the patch is released, then it "probably" is the problem of the one making the patch file itself.
They're all using clean roms, they're following the directions you have said, they're checking their firmwares, and testing on other flashcarts if it screws up, and if it's not working, who do they turn to then the one's who supplied it, who knows what they're doing?
Yes, you are the project leader, yes you gotta work on the patches too, yes you have your own life, but be a bit nicer when it comes to answering the questions of people who are trying to help out too.
These are all WIP patches, which means there will be problems, which also means it's up to the team to figure out how to fix them. Not just discard the problem, and be like "whoops, sucks for you, I'm gonna go ahead and do my thing now, kthxbai."
Also, what limits are you talking about, because from what I've seen, this thread hasn't even been flooded, and your own personal forums for the website haven't been flooded.
But, I'm not asking you to give me the deetz on whatever is going on in your end, just saying that if there's a problem, it should be looked into, not disregarded.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:
you don't have to be a
hate2.gif

This is not about hand-holding, or catering, these are people, who are trying to enjoy the work that the team has put in to making this translation possible, how can they enjoy if something that worked before doesn't anymore. I'm sure 99% of the people asking have done what they could as far as firmware issues goes, and etc.,
The way you're treating the fans of the work, will only cause backlash and hate. The M3 flashcarts are well-known, and from the looks of things, most everybody are using up-to-date firmwares.
This isn't just people saying it's not working, their giving exact points on where it's freezing up, when it stops working, and giving their respective names of flashcarts and firmwares.
If there's a problem everytime the patch is released, then it "probably" is the problem of the one making the patch file itself.
They're all using clean roms, they're following the directions you have said, they're checking their firmwares, and testing on other flashcarts if it screws up, and if it's not working, who do they turn to then the one's who supplied it, who knows what they're doing?
Yes, you are the project leader, yes you gotta work on the patches too, yes you have your own life, but be a bit nicer when it comes to answering the questions of people who are trying to help out too.
These are all WIP patches, which means there will be problems, which also means it's up to the team to figure out how to fix them. Not just discard the problem, and be like "whoops, sucks for you, I'm gonna go ahead and do my thing now, kthxbai."
Also, what limits are you talking about, because from what I've seen, this thread hasn't even been flooded, and your own personal forums for the website haven't been flooded.
But, I'm not asking you to give me the deetz on whatever is going on in your end, just saying that if there's a problem, it should be looked into, not disregarded.

1) As I said, it is a vocal minority that is having a problem. There are plenty of people that can play it just fine, because they are able to do things properly on their own. You would make it out to be something larger than what it is.

2) If you had read my post, you would have noticed that I said we'd look at using a different AP fix in future versions. That is not disregarding, that is saying that I am not going to redo the entire patch and re-upload it right now, just because the vocal minority want a solution that may not even exist right now.

3) Don't judge about whether or not I should be "nice" or not. First, start your own translation team and then translate a large JRPG. Get back to me in 6 months and we'll see if you have the same perspective toward how one would act to certain kinds of people. Your current perspective is very off.

4) Do you realize the amount of emails I get containing foul language, racial slurs, etc. just because we haven't finished a project yet? Or because someone wanted a patch release now and it takes a couple weeks more? This is what I am talking about Internet pirates having this self entitlement to these games that is false. How do you think I feel after spending my entire day working on a game for the community, only to open up my email and see that someone (from that very community) feels obligated to call me the N word or (my personal favorite) neothecunt? Maybe not everyone in the community does this, but excuse me if I have no care for those who believe they are entitled something from these projects.

And with that, I'm done with this. I won't be responding to these kinds of posts anymore, because as I said we will look into an alternative in the future. If people cannot wait, that is their loss. If anyone has any problems with anything else, I'll gladly not ignore you.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a theory about the problem M3 users are having that deals with the way the firmware applies its own AP patch. For those of you who are getting a crash, can you try opening the rom in RomeR and changing the Rom title and/or Game code? Then see if it still crashes.

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
neoxephon said:
1) As I said, it is a vocal minority that is having a problem. There are plenty of people that can play it just fine, because they are able to do things properly on their own. You would make it out to be something larger than what it is.

2) If you had read my post, you would have noticed that I said we'd look at using a different AP fix in future versions. That is not disregarding, that is saying that I am not going to redo the entire patch and re-upload it right now, just because the vocal minority want a solution that may not even exist right now.

3) Don't judge about whether or not I should be "nice" or not. First, start your own translation team and then translate a large JRPG. Get back to me in 6 months and we'll see if you have the same perspective toward how one would act to certain kinds of people. Your current perspective is very off.

4) Do you realize the amount of emails I get containing foul language, racial slurs, etc. just because we haven't finished a project yet? Or because someone wanted a patch release now and it takes a couple weeks more? This is what I am talking about Internet pirates having this self entitlement to these games that is false. How do you think I feel after spending my entire day working on a game for the community, only to open up my email and see that someone (from that very community) feels obligated to call me the N word or (my personal favorite) neothecunt? Maybe not everyone in the community does this, but excuse me if I have no care for those who believe they are entitled something from these projects.

And with that, I'm done with this. I won't be responding to these kinds of posts anymore, because as I said we will look into an alternative in the future. If people cannot wait, that is their loss. If anyone has any problems with anything else, I'll gladly not ignore you.
1. The minority are the only one's speaking.
2. nobody said right now, but you're not taking the time to help them figure things out either.
3. The people who are asking for help at this very moment, are not, the people that you so abhor.
4. The email issue, is something you shouldn't have given out in the first place.

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ Feb 17 2010, 02:54 PM) I have a theory about the problem M3 users are having that deals with the way the firmware applies its own AP patch. For those of you who are getting a crash, can you try opening the rom in RomeR and changing the Rom title and/or Game code? Then see if it still crashes.

I'll try that when I get home, thanks for the help DarthNemesis

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:

1. The minority are the only one's speaking.
2. nobody said right now, but you're not taking the time to help them figure things out either.
3. The people who are asking for help at this very moment, are not, the people that you so abhor.
4. The email issue, is something you shouldn't have given out in the first place.

Ugh. I get that it's annoying how certain ppl treat you but seriously, you're acting a bit.... awesomely unnice. I don't really understand how you can get so pissed off by ppl simply telling you it doesn't work on their flashcard, giving you all neccessary information like which version their using, what they tried and all... I would understand if half of them said "HEY IT'S NOT WORKING ON MY R4, YOUR PATCH SUCKS!" but uhm yeah.......

This reminds me of some of those celebrities that always complain about having fans following them. Does nobody ever think about consequences beforehand?

If you would rather not be bothered by ppl who simply ask for your help after putting some effort themselves into solving the problem, then maybe you shouldn't be such a public person.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, it's just that I don't get what you're so pissed off about and why it's so out of the question that anything could be wrong with the patch. I didn't even try it yet and I don't feel like ever doing so anymore, all previous patches worked on my m3 real sakura tho. So if this one doesn't I won't blame it on my flashcard but rather the patch. But I don't really care because I can play something else instead and it won't kill me, or I'll just play the game in Japanese and it would still be fun. *shrugs*

Nerva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DarthNemesis said:
I have a theory about the problem M3 users are having that deals with the way the firmware applies its own AP patch. For those of you who are getting a crash, can you try opening the rom in RomeR and changing the Rom title and/or Game code? Then see if it still crashes.

didnt worked on my M3 for me, after the char creation screen i got a black screen, tried change the Rom title and game code still the same.
the old translation patch 0.1 worked fine without problems though. even patched twice, but the blackscreen still happens

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nerva said:
didnt worked on my M3 for me, after the char creation screen i got a black screen, tried change the Rom title and game code still the same.
the old translation patch 0.1 worked fine without problems though. even patched twice, but the blackscreen still happens
Ok, so that rules out the AP location... have any M3 users been able to get past that part?

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
miss_DSlite said:
it works on my legit r4 but then when i move to a different area it stays in black screen

this happens to me too, at two savegames black screen at room change
at the last one of my savegames it says loaded, then the screen goes black
i have a r4
and i have played the 0.26 patch, which did not have that behavior

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first of all, congrats to the team on the release!

and now, i must address this:

neoxephon said:

dude, chill out. the people in this thread have been very civil -- helpful, even, for giving you detailed reports of what problems they're having! -- and you're flipping out on them. many people have done translations in the past and have managed to be "nice". i doubt what you're experiencing is a special case.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
hmm, what if you guys manually open up the rom in a hex editor and looked at the address for the supposed piracy measures, has that been changed?

Since from what it read, that doesnt seem the case, also, acekard shouldnt be bought into the equalization since akaio auto-patch the rom(if i remember correctly)

Azeral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
Big Kong Boss said:
neoxephon said:
you don't have to be a
hate2.gif

The post was not directed at you (note the lack of your name anywhere within) and never once attempted to fault the patch or request that an alternate version was required. You need not personally hold the hands of every person who has a problem, nor are you expected to; the point was to see who else in the community had the problem and try to find solutions together. Multiple people who previously had it saw results with a firmware update, and so that looks to be the likely culprit, which is now clear to anyone else who has that specific issue and comes looking.

That aside, thank you very much for your work and I look forward to hopefully partaking in the results.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azeral said:
The post was not directed at you (note the lack of your name anywhere within) and never once attempted to fault the patch or request that an alternate version was required.

Did you even fully read what you quoted? Doesn't seem like it.

Anyways, I've sent an alternative patch to a handful of people and will release it publicly if it fixes their problems.

Azeral

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
Azeral said:
The post was not directed at you (note the lack of your name anywhere within) and never once attempted to fault the patch or request that an alternate version was required.

Did you even fully read what you quoted? Doesn't seem like it.

Anyways, I've sent an alternative patch to a handful of people and will release it publicly if it fixes their problems.

I was referring to my own previous post, which seems to be the source of this miscommunication.

Regardless, I look forward to hearing the results of your new test and, as ever, thank you for your diligence in both producing these patches and seeing to their usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1