Hacking Safehax (11.1/2) downgrade without DSIWare

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about injecting FBI? Making a NAND backup and installing StarUpdater and other important CIAs like www.3ds.guide
Backup is done when CTRtransferring and FBI isn't needed. Those are only customization. But, a request is a request. Also gonna update with these optional (but recommended) steps.

Reactions: Blue

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS/2DS v11.2.0-35U with soundhax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!25d2XKCK!nwp7NIdMmYZduFhydSaZsH9zGy2a6DlP71SqXTdXCYE
N3DS v11.2.0-35U with soundax as entrypoint: https://mega.nz/#!j91g2CxI!YrxPgicql_vQ_SK4h5f8KhFUmXoKE4NcpKuVgswBv_k

Here are the instructions:

Requirements: uTorrent or Deluge.

1. Go to the link above that contains the ZIP for your device.
2. Go to this link and download the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z. We'll get to it later.
3. Go to this link (Note: it's a torrent magnet link, you'll need a torrent client to open it), download the file for your region and extract the zip.
4. Extract the Safehax ZIP you downloaded to your microSD root.
5. Get the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files and put them in your files9 folder in your microSD root.
6. Put your microSD in your console.
7. Open Nintendo 3DS Sound, press DOWN (d-pad) two times and press A two times.
8. Homebrew will boot. Scroll down and launch Safehax.
9. Decrypt9WIP will launch. Choose "SysNAND Options", "CTRNAND tranfer...", "Auto CTRNAND Transfer". Press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A twice (one to select the zip file and the other to create a backup).
10. Press B and SELECT.
11. Now you can delete the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer files from your files9 folder.
12. Extract the SafeA9LHInstaller 7z and copy the "arm9.bin" to your microSD root.
13. Open the folder: "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and delete the folder "0000008f".
14. Put the microSD in your console and press START.
15. Open your browser, do the initial setup, click URL and go to "http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin".
16. It'll open a black screen with a few things written on it. Press SELECT, wait a few seconds and press any button to shutdown your console.
17. Power it on. The Luma3DS config screen will show. Press A at each one of the options (from "Autoboot SysNAND" to "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access). If you're on N3DS, also, Press A thrice at "New 3DS CPU". Press START and power off your console.
18. Power it on again. Exactly after you press the POWER button, hold START. It'll boot Houglass9.
19. Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore...", "SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)". Now, press LEFT, UP, RIGHT, UP and A. Press A. After it successfully restores your 11.2 backup, just reboot your console.
20. Put your microSD into your PC and backup the "otp.bin" inside your "a9lh" folder.
21. Now you can delete the "3ds" (if you don't want Homebrew), "a9lh", "files9", "Themes" folders and the "arm9.bin", "arm11.bin", "SafeA9LHInstaller.dat" and "soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a" (on O3DSes, on N3DSes it's "soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a") files. Also delete "boot.3dsx" if you don't want homebrew.

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

Still freezes on a black screen for me on my O3DSXL v11.2. I guess I'm just not one of the lucky ones.

EdgierSundew049

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys, another problem. After restoring the system in Hourglass9 says "SD is not formatted for emuNAND" when i want to dump Health&Safety

NVM i chosed emunand instead of sysnand xD

Last edited by EdgierSundew049,

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyoretsu WHen i Launch safehax it hangs on a black screen
try a diff entry point.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

THIS IS NOT ABOUT LUCK.
there is something wrong with soundhax ability to work with safehax.

IT IS NOT LUCK. it is not random.
I literally just ran it 8x on another 3ds IN A ROW with OOT.

I am convinced this is soundhax messing with it.

faaaaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'm updating my guide with instructions on how to install steelhax if something goes wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Switch to steelhax. If you wait a few minutes, I'm updating my guide with instructions on how to do so.

Yup, no worries, waiting patiently

Inglip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched to OOThax and it worked, DONT use soundhax. There's a high chance you're gonna get triggered like I did.
In fact, it might be good to use it to install better ones

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched to OOThax and it worked, DONT use soundhax. There's a high chance you're gonna get triggered like I did.
In fact, it might be good to use it to install better ones
bro i swear to god. i ran oot into safe hax. 8 x in a row. and every time it loaded decrypt.
I don't know what it does. maybe it stays in the memory and then when you load safehax it bugs out. im not sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man now I want some weed
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did someone loose a leg? You're fired