Hacking Safe to change CFW?

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm modding my 1st switch tonight using R4s. I already used hetake toback up my nand and to boot into atmosphere and used ChoiDujourNX to update my switch to exFAT. ChoiDujourNX convinced me to turn on AutoRCM. I had to reformat my sd card back to exfat so it's completely blank. I think I want to use ReiNX instead of atmosphere. Do I need to do anything besides install NeiNX on the sd card and boot?

D

Deleted User

You can switch your CFW when ever u want. I have ReiNX, Atmosphere and in a few days SX OS all on 1 SD Card with 400 GB. And no, there are no problems. ^^

xXViralXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can switch your CFW when ever u want. I have ReiNX, Atmosphere and in a few days SX OS all on 1 SD Card with 400 GB. And no, there are no problems. ^^
Could you explain me how you install multiple CFW? im new at this and have Rajnx installed and want to change but im scared of bricking my switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohhh wow i actually thought i had to install something, so just add the cfw to the SD and use dongle to start?
I mean when you were using RajNX, did you ever install anything?

CFW do differ in that they use different bootloaders aka the payload you use to boot the CFW. RajNX uses a rajnx_ipl.bin file to load RajNX. Other CFW have their own respective bootloaders use to load CFW such as ReiNX for ReiNX, SX Loader for SX OS, Fusee for Atmosphere, and Hekate for Kosmos/Atmosphere.

Reactions: xXViralXx

xXViralXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I mean when you were using RajNX, did you ever install anything?

CFW do differ in that they use different bootloaders aka the payload you use to boot the CFW. RajNX uses a rajnx_ipl.bin file to load RajNX. Other CFW have their own respective bootloaders use to load CFW such as ReiNX for ReiNX, SX Loader for SX OS, Fusee for Atmosphere, and Hekate for Kosmos/Atmosphere.
Ohhh i get it now, thanks a lot, that was pretty fast you just saved the day for me.

Reactions: Draxzelex

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, I'm just going to bump this, instead of creating a new thread. I'm on 6.0.1 with the exFAT And atmosphere. I want to upgrade to the best compatibility for games. I used ChoiDujourNX to update my switch to exFAT. I'm thinking 7.0.1 and Kosmos. I just see people having compatibility problems, and I want to avoid those. Also, a decent guide so I don't brick my switch would be helpful.

TIA

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For now, I'm just going to bump this, instead of creating a new thread. I'm on 6.0.1 with the exFAT And atmosphere. I want to upgrade to the best compatibility for games. I used ChoiDujourNX to update my switch to exFAT. I'm thinking 7.0.1 and Kosmos. I just see people having compatibility problems, and I want to avoid those. Also, a decent guide so I don't brick my switch would be helpful.

TIA
Which compatibility problems are you referring to? I am using Atmosphere on 7.0.1 with no problem. Can install every game, update and DLC and they work great.

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which compatibility problems are you referring to? I am using Atmosphere on 7.0.1 with no problem. Can install every game, update and DLC and they work great.
Are you using exFat? I've just seen some threads where people are having issues when they update, Games not working, or having to be reinstalled. Trying to avoid all that. Is is a easy as updating to latest atmosphere, then using ChoiDujourNX to update to 7.0.1?

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you using exFat? I've just seen some threads where people are having issues when they update, Games not working, or having to be reinstalled. Trying to avoid all that. Is is a easy as updating to latest atmosphere, then using ChoiDujourNX to update to 7.0.1?
FAT32. And yes, you only have to do what you said. Just be sure to have the sigpatches in the Atmosphere folder when updating.

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright! I knew I was going to F this up. Was running atmosphere (older version) on 6.0.1 I used

https://www.sdsetup.com/console?swi...edizon;goldleaf;lockpick;hekate;lockpick_rcm;

and replaced (not merged) all those folders onto my sd card. When I boot I get the Kosmos screen (on AMS I used to get code that would run down my switch, that doesn't happen any more.) Then Nintendo splash and my home screen. Album folder goes to pictures instead of homebrew and it's unable to load games I was previously able to run. My fw is 6.0.1 (AMS 0.8.8)

After running it once like that I loaded

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

to the atmosphere folder but it's still exactly the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Slim45

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright! I knew I was going to F this up. Was running atmosphere (older version) on 6.0.1 I used

https://www.sdsetup.com/console?swi...edizon;goldleaf;lockpick;hekate;lockpick_rcm;

and replaced (not merged) all those folders onto my sd card. When I boot I get the Kosmos screen (on AMS I used to get code that would run down my switch, that doesn't happen any more.) Then Nintendo splash and my home screen. Album folder goes to pictures instead of homebrew and it's unable to load games I was previously able to run. My fw is 6.0.1 (AMS 0.8.8)

After running it once like that I loaded

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

to the atmosphere folder but it's still exactly the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thats ok
hold down the R button and open albums
new ams has sept you wouldnt see code
unkess ure booting from hekate

hxcmusic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats ok
hold down the R button and open albums
new ams has sept you wouldnt see code
unkess ure booting from hekate

I am booting from hekate... so I held down R on one of my games thinking that might launch it. Instead it goes to hbmenu but there are no apps inside and games still wont launch.

Last edited by hxcmusic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: