Hacking Safe Procedure for SX OS and emunand?

microchipman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all. I've been reading a ton, and I want to make sure I am as safe as possible so that I can try and not get banned. If I follow this procedure, how safe do you think I will be?

1. Create a dummy nintendo online account for use with emunand
2. Take out Current Vanilla Micro SD card with digital games etc on it.
2. Put in Clean Micro SD card with Payloads. Boot to RCM/SX OS - Back up clean NAND before any soft modding. (Is backing up the NAND from SX OS as safe as backing up the NAND with RCM/HEKATE?)
3. Store the Clean NAND on the Micro SD Card in several places for safekeeping.
4. Boot to RCM/SX OS again, and create a Stealth emunand.
5. Boot to Stealth EMUNAND, turn on airplane mode, remove all accounts, except dummy account (which should exist since it was created on sysnand beforehand.
6. Boot to RCM/SX OS install android on another clean SD card.

Questions:

1. Since I will be running emunand and android OS off of the two different Micro SD cards and never going online in emunand am I safer from a BAN, in my mind I would be. As well, when I boot back to sysnand, should I boot to sysnand from SX OS or Should I always remove the dongle, remove all SD cards except the vanilla original one, and always boot to clean sysnand right from cold boot no RCM? is that the best way. Is my thinking pattern right with all of this?

Reactions: NoNAND

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Or use Kefir updater to link a dummy account after the fact.
2. You should always be booting sysnand without sx or hekate or rcm.
3. Use rcm/hekate/nyx for your backup. Booting into sysnand with cfw can cause a ban.
4. There are privacy laws in certain countries that prohibit Nintendo from reading everything on your sd card. Having said that, there is nothing wrong using an sd card for piracy and a separate one for hacks, and a third for Android.

Remember, always boot up sysnand without a dongle or rcm. Aside from airplane mode, look into using incognito for your emunand. Politics aside, it's good for emunand.

Reactions: microchipman

microchipman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Or use Kefir updater to link a dummy account after the fact.
2. You should always be booting sysnand without sx or hekate or rcm.
3. Use rcm/hekate/nyx for your backup. Booting into sysnand with cfw can cause a ban.
4. There are privacy laws in certain countries that prohibit Nintendo from reading everything on your sd card. Having said that, there is nothing wrong using an sd card for piracy and a separate one for hacks, and a third for Android.

Remember, always boot up sysnand without a dongle or rcm. Aside from airplane mode, look into using incognito for your emunand. Politics aside, it's good for emunand.

Thank-you SOOO much! :) One more question and I apologize if I was not clear on this. Is there any larger a ban risk with using RCM/SX OS to backup the NAND vs. RCM/Hekate? Or can I safely use RCM/SX OS to do it?

Thanks for all your help in advance, your answers are AWESOME!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay one more, when I make emunand, does it clone all my current accounts? Should remove all accounts before making emunand?

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank-you SOOO much! :) One more question and I apologize if I was not clear on this. Is there any larger a ban risk with using RCM/SX OS to backup the NAND vs. RCM/Hekate? Or can I safely use RCM/SX OS to do it?

Thanks for all your help in advance, your answers are AWESOME!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay one more, when I make emunand, does it clone all my current accounts? Should remove all accounts before making emunand?
Use hekate to make your backup. Loading cfw on sysnand can result in a ban. So use rcm, as I stated. SX OS backups in horizon, not rcm, right?

Yes it will "clone" your accounts. Remove anything you don't want on your emunand prior.

Reactions: microchipman

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Now..you've answered some of your already :P
Backing up your NAND. Hekate is the safest bet to ensure your pre-CFW/Hakery NAND is as clean as possible. Moreover with Hekate the likelihood of bad NAND dumps is slighter. You can keep both Hekate/SX payloads by the way.

As per your sysNAND, no don't boot sysNAND in any CFW mode, be it SX or atmosphere. That ups the chance of getting you a ban in the future.
Always boot your sysNAND on stock with that "clean" SD card of yours that you had prior to hacking your switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.