Hardware S-Video Cable for PAL wii?

avant1277

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've seen s-video cables for NTSC wiis, but none advertised as working on PAL wiis. Anyone know if there is one that works for PAL wiis? I'm sure I read somewhere that s-video has better quality than RCA for standard definition TVs. I won't be getting an HD tv anytime soon, so would be nice to find out more.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Actually RGB Scart signal is better than S-video. I use the Wii RGB cable (RVL-013) on my standard lcd screen. When running in 60hz (480i) you'll get a much smoother image with less screen flicker than you would from using an S-video cable.

Obviously component cables are the way to go, but if you dont have HD tv then RGB scart is the next best option available.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PAL equivalent is the SCART cable, it offers the same quality as the S-video one does.
Hardly an informed suggestion
smile.gif
. SCART is just a connector for multiple signal types (not sure if has been typed before, didn't read the whole topic). The PAL system is only able to put out RGB, Composite and component. I have a link in there somewhere with more details.
http://wii.scorpei.com/XCM_V-box_USA.html

123kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The PAL equivalent is the SCART cable, it offers the same quality as the S-video one does.

smile.gif
. SCART is just a connector for multiple signal types (not sure if has been typed before, didn't read the whole topic). The PAL system is only able to put out RGB, Composite and component. I have a link in there somewhere with more details.

What's your point? I didn't mention anything about what it ouputs. Since the S-video cable is not available for PAL consoles the official alternative is the SCART cable (unless you want to go component).

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

smile.gif

What's your point? I didn't mention anything about what it ouputs. Since the S-video cable is not available for PAL consoles the official alternative is the SCART cable (unless you want to go component).
You can't say SCART is an alternative for S-video
wink.gif
. SCART = Svideo, and composite and RGB and audio and etc., it's just a connector. The official supplied cable of the PAL Wii system is the composite cable (which comes with a RCA plug --> SCART converter). With the proper cables you can also use RGB or component (which increase video performance over composite).

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
however, the only "pure" SCART cable they offer is the one that transmits RGB, so the original poster of this suggstion is right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...