S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is Dead

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Apr 25, 2012.

Apr 25, 2012

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is Dead by Gahars at 11:59 PM (523 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It looks like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise has walked into an unforeseen anomaly (in this case, a squabble over copyrights) and the results aren't pretty: the developers have stopped all work on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.

Luckily, though, all is not lost.

Source: Gametrailers

I can't speak much for the quality of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game(s, if you count the expansions), but everything I've seen and heard about it seems pretty nice. I was following the sequel with some interest, so this is definitely a disappointment. Still, the new game is certainly a new direction for the developer, so hopefully it'll work out.

Survarium is set to release on PC sometime towards the end of 2013. While we wait, how about some music to brighten the mood?

2. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    yep. no reason for all those assets to go to waste. strip em of every single trace of STALKER and turn it into a new IP.

3. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I heard about this earlier. I'm really interested to see what new types of mutants the group can come up with... and I hope that their new goal doesn't mean they're going to make a hugely different kind of game... in their developer video, they were saying that wanted to extend the zone beyond just a small area, referencing last year's (year before's?) oil spill and nuclear disasters in Japan. That would really stretch out the game into different directions that I don't think could be sustained without radically altering how the stalker-like gameplay would be.