Ryukouki Discusses! The Censorship Problem

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right. The problem is that you keep saying Activision asked Ratner to reshoot the commercial after he shot the more "revealing" take, but provide absolutely nothing to back up this unlikely claim.

Should I take the words under your username seriously? I don't think I should; just a thought. I don't work for Activision and I was not one of the executives who visited Mr. Ratner to review the commercial. Besides, if you don't believe me now, what makes you think you'll believe me, even when I give something to substantiate my claim?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I take the words under your username seriously? I don't think I should; just a thought. I don't work for Activision and I was not one of the executives who visited Mr. Ratner to review the commercial. Besides, if you don't believe me now, what makes you think you'll believe me, even when I give something to substantiate my claim?

You have no linked sources. At least Gahars actually links some.

Please stop, you're just looking silly at this point.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
FAST6191's screenshots were mostly side-scrollers. Semi-nudity might have context in a fighting ring, but depicting males fighting in the streets in a banana hammock doesn't really seem any more necessary than women doing the same in a bikini. Of course, it's not for provocation or seduction; the reason they do it is so you can see the muscle, depicting the strength of the character.

That's exactly what happened at the beginning before fanservice was a thing. is like when in Metroid you complete the game fast enough to see her "JustinBailey" suit, that was included only to let the players know that Samus was actually a chick. and knowing how was Nintendo at that time they never intended that to be provocative, but the fans find it that way.
to pose a more modern example, the Amazon from Dragon's Crown, she is almost naked and I can't see a fanservice intention(some fan artwork depict her more sexy that the game) even her description explain that she goes lightly clothed only to be fast. I find more sexy the Elf with those thighs, but I'm a lolicon and that must be the reason of that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill