Hacking rxTools with Signatures patched out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have successfully downgraded to 4.2.0-9U sysnand. Do I have to install the MSET exploit or can I just use the gateway FW through spider and boot classic mode to install BigBlueMenu(correct me if I'm wrong, also sorry for the off topic questions)

Ninja edit

IMO it's must faster to just use the MSET Exploit to run rxTools. The main issue is installing BigBlugMenu, which you already have an idea on how to install it. :)

Ninja Edit : I had a brain fart, if you have a flashcard, use the NDS file included to install the MSet exploit. Otherwise you need to use Spider to use set the MSet exploit.

Reactions: jernk

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO it's must faster to just use the MSET Exploit to run rxTools. The main issue is installing BigBlugMenu, which you already have an idea on how to install it. :)

Ninja Edit : I had a brain fart, if you have a flashcard, use the NDS file included to install the MSet exploit. Otherwise you need to use Spider to use set the MSet exploit.
With 4.x install a CIA installer using PBT. Then switch to MSET Pasta and install Cubic Ninja. Install Ninjhax to Cubic Ninja and use that to launch RX. Run GBA/dsi with Pasta. Run everything else with RX.

Last edited by sgtkwol,

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So just to check, what are the benefits of this over Pasta? Why is emunand so useful when i already have everything installed to my sysnand? Besides brick protection of course
The possibility to run an higher firm without having to update sysnand and lose exploits

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
So just to check, what are the benefits of this over Pasta? Why is emunand so useful when i already have everything installed to my sysnand? Besides brick protection of course

Running 9.8 emuNAND without Gateway/Cubic Ninja. So basically every advantage PastaMSET has except you have 9.8 emuNAND support and a lot less chance of bricking your system by mistake.

Last edited by StriderVM,

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about patching out the services access check in srv:?

EDIT: Seems that's an ARM11, not an ARM9 restriction, disregard me.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: For a GBA or DSi title to run, it needs to exist on sysnand. You can run them on emunand if they are also installed on sysnand.
Regarding GBA games: if your NANDs linked you don't need to install anything to SysNAND, they will work as is.

Reactions: Margen67

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just a dumb question, Im using it on a emunand 9.2, If I update to 9.8 will the signatures continue to be patched, so I can keep using the FBI installer?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed 138 themes last night and they all just dissapeared. Had to reinstall, anyone know why? I suspect i went somewhere I wasn't supposed to. I didn't go into saves or anything.

arcangelnew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, they will.
Holly sh*t, this is the holly grail of 3ds, Guys if anyone of u need a gateway card check the listings in ebay, I believe they will be in the $10 or lower, Right now Im doing a nand backup, will update and see, hopes nintendo doesnt block it with a 9.8.1 update. Thanks for the great release, I want to go to #3dsdev and say hello:gun: to everyone there, now dance my little 3ds dance :nds: :whip::evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo