Gaming Running / Installing Mac OSX in Windows?

Scathraax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently looking for a way to run OSX with my Windows machine, or MSI Wind Netbook, as that may be easier.
The reason to do so, is so I can run Pwnage Tool for my iPhone.

It looks like VMWare may be the option I could use. But I've read that it works from one website, and it doesn't from another.
wacko.gif

Any ideas?

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not that i really know much about it, but i believe you are looking for "hackintosh". if im not wrong, it is a hack for the mac osx installer cd that makes it work on a pc... google it i guess...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
VMWare works really well, although I have not tried Mac OS or OS X on it. But, I tried Windows XP and Ubuntu Linux 8.04, and they both worked fine. I suggest that if you choose to try VMWare though, that you have very good specs for your machine. You'll want a lot of RAM and a powerful CPU. Let me give an example.

I'm using Windows 7, which uses a lot of RAM (less than Vista, but still a lot more than XP). It needs at least 1GB to run solidly (which unfortunately, because I got my laptop in March '06, it only HAS 1GB of RAM at the moment), but other systems will need to share it's RAM.
For example, when using XP, you should have at least 512MB for it to work smoothly. But running XP through VMWare means using 512MB of RAM, leaving 7 with only 512MB RAM, meaning because 7 is hosting VMWare and powering it, your whole computer is going to lag. Now, if I had 2GB RAM on 7 and used only 512MB on XP, my computer would handle the load a lot better. Also, CPU power helps it. I recommend at the VERY least, 2GHz, probably 2.6GHz, and if possible, at least two cores. I have a dual-core processor, both with 1.73GHz each. It's not very good. It could be worse though.

But if your computer isn't going to be able to handle it, you might want to look into Hackintosh. I can't say how or even if it works (it should do, but I don't know how well), plus it's pretty much illegal, but it's more than likely your best bet. I honestly don't know how good it is compared to a normal Mac machine though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-