ROM Hack Rune Factory 3 Undub help!

CaelumSora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i a tried a fast undub ( just like i did in lufia)
well seems like the game became hilarious... wrong phases all the time...
in the middle of the dialog, i heard the main hero saying "Rune Factory 3" and i started laughing like hell...

any hints to fix this problem?

Shadow_771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, from what I've heard there are already a group of people working on a proper undub.

But from what I understand, the problem is Natsume messed with the game scripts so that they could work with the fact that the english version has less voices. Also has to do something with the sound file having the sounds archived in it all jumbled up.

Which makes it so voices are only triggered when there is a voice in the English version, making you lose out on some Japanese voices, and having it grab a random voice when it does trigger, because the sound file is messed up.

From what I heard, the people working on a proper undub are going around, renaming the sound files in the sound archive so that the proper sound will be played when it's suppose to; instead of Sia going DANNA-SAMA whenever you talk to her, she'll say whatever greeting she's normally suppose to.

I still don't know how they're gonna solve the problem of spots that have a voice in the JP version, but not the Eng version.

Well honestly I don't know how my information will help anyone make an undub, but I thought it'd be nice to tell you why the simple undub ain't working.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah i tried to undub the game too but i get the same errors sadly
frown.gif

but the JAP and the USA size are different so we must change something there :/

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It seems it's going to take some time to undub the game. For now, how about someone switch the intro song (U) with the (J) one and make a patch?

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
Supreme Dirt said:
.Darky said:
Stevetry said:
you gys are lame a undub for what geez
An undub for a game named 'Rune Factory 3'. Ever heard of it?
Oh, you mean that game with perfectly acceptable voice acting? Yes I've heard of it.

Be careful, you shouldn't allow your opinions to pretend to be facts. It is not good for their mental stability.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, but you see, they stole the game, which gives them full rights to complain about the voice acting.

After all, if they wasted all of that $0 on a game, it better have amazing voice acting, amirite?

*returns to playing legitimate copy*

Seriously, though, THAT is what bothers me about these undubs. You steal, and then complain that it wasn't good enough. It's like me robbing a grocery store, and coming back later complaining that the bread I stole was stale. Sure, they shouldn't be selling stale bread, but why am I complaining, it cost me nothing to get it.

I digress though. Let's save this argument for another day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics...