Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right, before I start, I apologize in advance for talking about ROMs. I'm not asking nor providing as far as I know, so...yeah. I already got in trouble once for this somewhere else, so go figure, huh? I feel like I'm already walking on thin ice.

Anyway, this is my problem. I flashed my DS a long while ago. It has come to my attention that it is more or less impossible to get Download Play working with just about every game between a flashed DS and a non-flashed DS. My problem is that I am considering running NoFlashMe in order to restore the original DS firmware, which (as far as I know) would allow me to use Download Play with other DSes, off of the game running from my flashcard.

I have a Passkey that has since gone unused and I assume still works, and I am fine with having to use that all the time from now on, but all I really want to do is be able to do Download Play off of my flashcard with other people who haven't flashed their DS. I have talked to someone who also has an M3 and some form of whatever-it-is that allows it to run DS code, but she says she can connect with other people who haven't done anything with their DSes through Download Play. I'm thinking NoFlashMe is the way to go.

Comments?

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your flashed DS is not the problem.
You have a Slot-2 device which needs you to patch your roms.
Because of the patching your game gets edited, and when you send out a Download-Play game to someone else, it will notice that the game has been edited (because of the RSA check) and it will stop running on the recieving DS.

The good part: Flashme ignores the RSA check so it will run any unsigned code, thus you would be able to use Download Play if your flashed DS is the one that recieves the game.
So what you could do is putting the Slot-2 device and the passkey into the DS with the original firmware, and let your flashed DS recieve the game.
Or you could just flash your friends' DS and enjoy download play!

Doomsday Forte

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so THAT's why? Geez!

Thanks for the speedy reply, by the way. =P I guess I won't need to be opening my DS anytime soon then. And I'm greatly relieved since I had trouble flashing it in the first place.

I think I'll try the Passkey+M3 on unflashed DS -> my DS method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1