• Views 5,202
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 1

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that nintendo is over-using (sorry about my English here) the Mario franchise more than anytime before, and none of these games are "spin-off" title, witch made the situation worse.
They are portable titles, there haven't been a good original portable Mario platformer since the land series on the original gameboy. GBA didn't even have one.

I've always counted the portable games as spin-offs since NSMB DS was released.
Scratch that, I've counted portable Mario platformers as spin-offs since the first game in the land series.
Super Mario Advance even if that was a remake. Wario Land 4 as well.

New Super Mario Bros. was still pretty good. Even if it wasn't the pinnacle of Mario platforming, I enjoyed it.

3D Land is stellar and New Super Mario Bros. 2 is good despite the lack of innovation.
I didn't count the advance series because they're remakes and Wario Land 4 is not a standard Mario game, Wario land is its own thing.

About NSMB DS etc.
I'm not saying they're bad games but they didn't really bring much new content to the franchise compared to the other games. I still enjoyed NSMB DS for what it was.
All I'm saying is that people shouldn't expect much from a handheld Mario platformer since they've historically never performed that well to say that they're mainline Mario games.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maybe it would end up being the first Mario FPS since Yoshi Safari
LOL. I just found this.
mario-doom.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol