Rumour: 3D Mario in development for Wii U, coming out "tentative&#

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by soulx, Aug 22, 2012.

1. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada

The strategy in effect is to launch New Super Mario Bros. U this year and follow up with a new 3D roaming Mario adventure in “tentative 2013″.

http://paulgalenetwo...r-mario-bros-u/

It should be no surprise that Nintendo is working on a new 3D Mario. 2013 release seems a little too soon, though.

Can't wait to see what they do on the Wii U, though. Galaxy was god-tier so this should be good.

1 person likes this.

2. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Cmon ninty, i want a Sunshine sequal!!!
    Or somthing fresh. Wow me like you do with all your 3D Mario Games.

1 person likes this.
  3. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    saw this article yesterday, and 2013 sounds far too soon in my opinion, then again the same team that knocked out the galaxy games knocked out 3d land too? keeping in mind there is about an 18 month difference between them I wouldn't say its impossible to have it done by then

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Galaxy 2 & 3D Land were by Tokyo Development Group 2 (Brownie Brown did a lot on 3D Land as well) so there is the chance that the next game would be by Group 1 who did the first Mario Galaxy plus they've not done anything since that game (OoT 3D was mainly by Grezzo). As well as that there are other teams in EAD who have been fairly quiet.

Maybe Miyamoto would be directing this one, he's not directed a Mario game since the first Galaxy and he does like to have at least one by himself on a home console. He's said he's been working on top secret game for Wii U so it could be that. I'm not sure if he is directing Pikmin 3 though but he has been quiet on game development if he's not doing that one.

Either way I hope its better than 3D Land.

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Calling it: Super Mario U-niverse.

14 people like this.
  6. soulx
    OP

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    While I adore the Galaxy games, I want something more like Super Mario 64 this time with really large open levels.

3D Land is really good, though. EAD 2 did a tremendous job of mixing the two styles (2D and 3D).

4 people like this.
  7. weavile001

Member weavile001 Spiritmaster

Brazil
    a mario sunshine sequel will be very good! using the wi remote and the nunchuk for aiming fludd

1 person likes this.
  8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I just hope they never touch Sunshine again. I can't see anything fun about that game especially when there were two highly superior Galaxy games after it.

But yeah, I don't think Mario games are gonna be system sellers for me ever again. They're great and all but after a couple of hours you're done unless you want to do typical collectathon stuff. Not really the "keeps my console going" type of game I want.

1 person likes this.
  9. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Yeah, ever since Sunshine they've been killing the 'dead space' in stages and making everything compact, but that was the thing I liked about 64 - big environments to mess around in.

10. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    your joking right? nope it's gotta be galaxy 3 or gtfo :P

11. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It was the most uneventful proper Mario game I've ever played. I felt like I was going through the motions playing it. However despite the lack of anything remotely original or it being what I'd call a "Mario by Numbers" game the 3D was spot on, it gave a legitimate reason to the existence of having 3D on the 3DS.

12. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    You called it. I'm laughing at this because this can actualy be a tentative tile.

1 person likes this.
  13. weavile001

Brazil
    if they are going to make a new mario 3d , i would like to see a level based on a super mario 64 level,like thwomp fortress was in mario galaxy 2.

14. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Yeah, a rushed title that's out there only for the sake of having a Mario title early for the system, I bet that if the system got better sales from the beginning this would have released much later.
    It's good because it's standard Mario platforming, but having played the previous games I see how 3D Land didn't really bring much new content to the table.
    Plus it was short and easy.

What I like about it though were the mechanics and the new perspective it used. It both looked and played nice.

1 person likes this.
  15. lokomelo

Member lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    I think that nintendo is over-using (sorry about my English here) the Mario franchise more than anytime before, and none of these games are "spin-off" title, witch made the situation worse.

16. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I have to agree with this for the most part. The only Mario game platformers I'm genuinely interested in now are the high-quality, original 3D platformers like 64 and the original Galaxy were. If they pull off something like that, it'll be a system seller for me, anything less and I won't care. The NSMB series can sod off.

17. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    They are portable titles, there haven't been a good original portable Mario platformer since the land series on the original gameboy. GBA didn't even have one.

I've always counted the portable games as spin-offs since NSMB DS was released.
    Scratch that, I've counted portable Mario platformers as spin-offs since the first game in the land series.

18. Walker D

Member Walker D I have a hat

Brazil
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/332514-nsmb2-developed-by-new-comers-galaxy-team-working-on-nsmbu/

If the The NSMBW/Galaxy team ( EAD A team) is working on New Super Mario Bros. U, who is working on this new Wii U 3d mario game?

Better not be the Mario cram school lol

19. Sheimi

Member Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Japan
    What if it's a Super Mario 64 remake?

20. weavile001

Brazil
    super mario world remake will be better.