[Rumor] WiikeÜ ?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Until I see an actual video showing it boot up Wii U backups I am calling Bull Sh*t on this. And if by some miracle it is true my only question would be why the hell has the 3ds not been successfully hacked yet?
I'm guessing because you don't remove the whole drive every time you change disks on a Wii U but you do take out the whole game card every time you change games on a 3DS and so having a permanent chip say to the Wii U that it just switched games is a lot less fishy than a flash card telling the 3DS that it switched games when the 3DS can tell that nothing's really been removed.

(now that I think of it, though, there's gotta be more to it than that since if it were like this they could just make a flashcart that you have to pull out and switch games on a little screen or something before putting it back in ... or just cut all the connections internally to make the 3DS THINK it's been removed.)

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
* High-speed USB2 interface
Wii U doesn't use typical DVDs as the data storage medium, and therefore needs more bandwidth to bypass optical disc storage than what was required with the Wii. There's a chance that their claims aren't even physically possible, due to the bandwidth limitations of USB 2.0. I'd have an easier time believing all of this, if the so-called hack used USB 3.0...

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing because you don't remove the whole drive every time you change disks on a Wii U but you do take out the whole game card every time you change games on a 3DS and so having a permanent chip say to the Wii U that it just switched games is a lot less fishy than a flash card telling the 3DS that it switched games when the 3DS can tell that nothing's really been removed.

(now that I think of it, though, there's gotta be more to it than that.)
You're probably right. Personally I have yet to see a game that makes me want to put down money to even buy a Wii U. I already own a 3ds and love the games that have been released for it so far. Although given some time I am sure I will eventually get suckered into buying a Wii U for the new Zelda game.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wii U doesn't use typical DVDs as the data storage medium, and therefore needs more bandwidth to bypass optical disc storage than what was required with the Wii. There's a chance that their claims aren't even physically possible, due to the bandwidth limitations of USB 2.0. I'd have an easier time believing all of this, if the so-called hack used USB 3.0...
Blu-ray's spec requires a transfer medium of 54 megabits, and can theoretically reach 400 megabits at 12x read speed, on the outer edge of the disc (according to the blu-ray.com FAQ section). USB 2.0, on the other hand, has a theoretical max throughput of 480 megabits.

Optical discs are fucking slow. They're still in use, however, because they're incredibly cheap.

And if by some miracle it is true my only question would be why the hell has the 3ds not been successfully hacked yet?
"This one guy I know can reach the top shelf, why can't this other?"
"This one guy gave into interrogation, why won't this other?"
"This one house has the bathroom near the bedroom, why doesn't this other one?"
"This one girl I know will blow me, why won't this other girl?"
etc.

The Wii U and 3DS have almost nothing in common (that other devices don't) other than being made by Nintendo. Different architectures, different OS, different storage medium, etc.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, which?, guessing you meant yes to f0f. HHS. I went on Irc and then megazig said plan was Linux over vWii with access to ram/GPU of Wii U but nothing else. Marcan did not confirm but said plan A failed. Denial, but I had private convo. and was flamed for it. Made sense to dodge piracy. It failed so Marcan said" Standard" release was plan but no timetable.

They did the work and hold the cards here. Look up Sven from Marcan twitter and pics of hardware used on Wii U. I found, thanks to satansdeciple (?) that Wii U nand could be dumped. Nobody contributed to thread I made. Curious if anyone dumped this eMMC (nand) and/or drive firmware. Guessing firmware was dumped for WiiUkey. Guess only. Hung around 360 scene and technical sites/discussions like RGH plans. Superslim PS3 has eMMC nand. I follow trails.

Does no good without decrypting eMMC but nobody says they dumped it and if it is encrypted (or decrypted). Man-in-middle to get Wii U drive info to make this chip? Weak security and/or firmware can and was dumped. If so, firmware hacks make buying this toy unnecessary;-). See why I ask questions? F0f are not only ones ripping Wii U apart but others are hush hush. I stopped chasing IRC and sites.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a Big Hint WiikeU is Real

Sue you soon Mario...

Code:
57 55 50 2D 50 2D 41 52 50 50 2D 30 30 2D 31 30
31 45 55 52 2D 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
25GB per game still is a lot and probably too much for countries were piracy is a real problem,

In countries where piracy is a real problem, bootleg copies of games are openly sold on market stalls and in shopping malls. Download speeds aren't really an issue!

Reactions: NahuelDS

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question; if nothing can be seen on Wii U disc, how does anyone know he did not make that up and convert to hex? Where did he get that hex???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol