[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may be stretching here, but it's like a lot of people have been saying.
EVERY CONSOLE RELIES ON HEALTHY FIRST AND THIRD PARTY.
Believe me, Sony And Microsoft both couldn't rely solely on their own IP's and neither could Nintendo, no matter how much anyone wants to think so.
Let me introduce another argument here just to counter everyone saying 3DS PICKED UP AFTER NINTY IP'S, WII U WILL TOO!
Well here the thing about that.
The 3DS and the Vita are the two sole competitors in the handheld market (unless you wanna count smartphones)
The Wii U however, is going up STILL against the 360, Ps3, and the soon to be Nextbox and Ps4.
Devs had a choice with Vita and 3DS. A 50/50 shot for payout, and an obvious sign of who will pay out.
However NOW, It's split up into 5 different paths you can take. The wii U is outnumbered by 2 Consoles ATM, and another 2 On the way!
So devs can see there's about 80% chance of payout on all the other platforms, or a 20% shot with a console that's struggling to even compete. It's obvious who they're going to roll with ATM.
I mean, think about it. If you're a gambler, your going to go with the better odds right?
Well right now the wiiU is a BAD gamble.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"It's Nintendo, they don't need third parties to sell!"

oh man the n64 and gamecube were AAA++++++ selling consoles guiz.

EDIT: I just find the overestimation of Nintendo as the most prevailing force in gaming is such an absolute joke. You cannot shove coal up their ass and have them shit diamonds.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And then Nintendo reveals Smash Bros Kerfuffle and Super Mario Universe during E3, making the sales skyrocket, like always.

They made a good profit, which is more than enough.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then Nintendo reveals Smash Bros Kerfuffle and Super Mario Universe during E3, making the sales skyrocket, like always.

They made a good profit, which is more than enough.

"A good profit" is not 100 million Playstation sales and 150 million Playstation 2 sales.

Plus if downscaling from a 100 million+ selling Wii to a N64 or Gamecube level "success" is "okay" in the books of gamers then you really don't understand how business works.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is a hilarious read from the view of a level minded person. Type butthurt into google, this has to be the first thread up. Seriously, I don't like hearing this news just like any other VIDEO GAME fan, but if all this is true... then yes Nintendo do have to get their shit together. It's a rumor, like any other rumor it can be true or false. But you do have to take into account the amount of devs just this week who have turned the other cheek to the console. Insomniac, Take Two... which consists of 2Kgames, 2KSports, WWE Games and Rockstar.. thats a total of 6 devs, just this week. I would LOVE to have played all these games on my brand spankin' new Wii U, the fact is these devs are being lazy and dont want to develop for this... which I will never get. But hey, we'll see how we go, Nintendo have been oddly quiet on it's leadup to E3, usually that's a really good thing. I always say E3 is Nintendo's event, big stage or not. And hey, FIVE Events? HELL YES PLEASE BITCH!

MrDowner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Although you are correct on N64 and GC selling horribly compared to the others in its gen, the Wii destroyed the other two in its gen and it had as much third party as the previous two.

Not saying that it's acceptable to have little to no third party support however.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although you are correct on N64 and GC selling horribly compared to the others in its gen, the Wii destroyed the other two in its gen and it had as much third party as the previous two.

Not saying that it's acceptable to have little to no third party support however.

I'm pretty sure I've taken shits with more third party support than the N64 in all fairness.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe that such a shitty rumour got front-paged... ¬¬

It's a rumor.. it's not fact. Get over it.

kDnLZ8P.png

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, developers don't want to make games for a system that allegedly has no games, which means the system will continue to have no games. That hardly makes sense to me.

It seems either the developer is too modest or is not too confident in their ability to make games, and that's not how you make it in life.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you try to talk as much shit as you do or are you just a natural?

Nah I'm just not daft.

Yes it does, but it had the least third party in its gen as the previous two and it did fine.

Because of an immense casual appeal paired with a successful marketing campaign.

The Wii U is simply not the Wii so why people expecting the Wii to be a valid historical comparison when in fact the two consoles are rather different (both in terms of design, audience, and a slew of other things) is beyond me.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does, but it had the least third party in its gen as the previous two and it did fine.

LMFAO WUT!? OMFG I think we all here can name a store that has a $2 Bin full of nice Shovelware for Wii, guess where most of it comes from? 3rd Party Developers. The Wii was the leader in shovelware, due to it's "Mommy"/Casual appeal. Anybody who did not have an inkling of what they were picking up would have a copy of Game Party or Water Sports in their Wii Library, and those are just two titles. Please stop the madness in this thread, it's giving me a headache, somebody LOCK IT ALREADY!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a rumor.. it's not fact. Get over it.
Yes, but a rumor really shouldn't be placed on the front page.

Honestly I am just going to wait and see how this all plays out because at this point the system can go in any direction in the near future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast