[RUMOR] Several Wii U dev kits returned to Nintendo

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo haven't even tried yet, we've only had excuses from them for not releasing their games. We should at least let them give it a shot before we start screaming ninntendoooomed.

maybe that's part of the problem right there, You could argue its early days but come on "go big or go home", not to mention Vita is in a similar boat and many was happy to call it doomed so to be fair given the similarity I don't think its totally uncalled for :P

That said do I think the Wii U is doomed, No not yet, Do I think it will be? If Nintendo doesn't pull the finger lodged in there ass and really push the console yes I think it is.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that settles it, Nintendo must be going under. Only a matter of days until they quit the hardware game and put Mario on XBOX, Playstation, and IOS.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well that settles it, Nintendo must be going under. Only a matter of days until they quit the hardware game and put Mario on XBOX, Playstation, and IOS.
The Horror....

Think of the names of the games xD iMario Kart, Super Mario PS4, New Super Mario Bros 360 cuz you know Nintendo and naming :creep:

I don't ever recall reading the review though Devin !!

I don't even wanna know what you was searching for on YouTube

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe that's part of the problem right there, You could argue its early days but come on "go big or go home", not to mention Vita is in a similar boat and many was happy to call it doomed so to be fair given the similarity I don't think its totally uncalled for :P

That said do I think the Wii U is doomed, No not yet, Do I think it will be? If Nintendo doesn't pull the finger lodged in there ass and really push the console yes I think it is.
They've said that they pull back on advertising, and that the system isn't ready yet. They rushed it so it could be released before Christmas, no new software after launch is the whole reason why they haven't really talked much about the Wii U.
The Vita's problem is is lack of advertisement and games that cater to the "portable gaming" audience, most gamers don't want to play inferior "versions" of their favorite console franchises when they can play it on home consoles. Vita needs more exclusives that separates it from it's big brother, Gravity Rush is a good example of such a game. What people want from Vita is a continuation of what the PSP was. That said, it's been a while and the Vita has gathered some interesting titles, so the main problem right now is the practically nonexistent advertisement for it.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me some of the interesting Vita titles?

Not triyng to be sarcastic.. I'm actually curious as mine is mainly used for Disgaea..Mostly PSP versions of the game.. and Persona 4

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let's just wait and see how many people will really pick up the competition.
at least nintendo is known to do good enough on their own. Pitty for wii u sales though, but I expect numbers to pick up with a zelda, mario and metroid game. And is there already a kart title? Oh and smash bros...as long as they tighten the controls again.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
>No source whatsoever
>Not even from avalanche
>Avalanche's apparent claims that Nintendo didn't contact them at all contradicted by devs actually working on WiiU games
Nah, get fucked.
I like Avalanche, Just Cause 2 is a great game, but let's be honest here: a developer who have never produced a game for a Nintendo console were hardly going to start now.

Kalidor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No games, but Bayonetta 2 is for the Wii U (xbox and PS fan boy haters, you can cry).

If the Wii U is doomed, what is the situation for the PS Vita? :lol:

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People people people. This is Nintendo we're talking about here. They'll survive just fine without massive amounts of third party support. Thankfully Nintendo isn't in the same realm as Microsoft or Sony, in terms of relying on games like COD or GTA to sell systems. Once a few big name first party WiiU games are released system sales will see a big increase (just like the 3ds a while back with Mario Kart and 3d Land).

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No games, but Bayonetta 2 is for the Wii U (xbox and PS fan boy haters, you can cry).

If the Wii U is doomed, what is the situation for the PS Vita? :lol:
"lolol the Wii U is doomed but let's compare it to this handheld that is also doomed lolol!!1"

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People people people. This is Nintendo we're talking about here. They'll survive just fine without massive amounts of third party support. Thankfully Nintendo isn't in the same realm as Microsoft or Sony, in terms of relying on games like COD or GTA to sell systems. Once a few big name first party WiiU games are released system sales will see a big increase (just like the 3ds a while back with Mario Kart and 3d Land).
So your argument is that Xbox and Playstation don't have to rely on certain titles but Nintendo just needs to rely on its certain titles? Wut? ._.

You realize Sony and Microsoft do well because they have their Exclusives and Their first party titles working in harmony yes?
Even if the wii u picks up with first party...
What happens if there's still no third party support?
I don't want a Wii U to ONLY play Mario and Zelda. It's a next gen system, that I wanted to be able to play Mario, Zelda, Mass effect, Crysis, And the multitude of other games that aren't Nintendo related for me to enjoy.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cute but Sony and Microsoft don't rely on third party. It's a big help sure, but relying on it? It's up to them to make their system appealing and that's what they have done.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
The amount of "Vita is doing worst" "Ninty just needs yet another Zelda/Mario/Kirby" comments are making me sad.
You guys expect the Wii U to do good yet you don't understand that the exact problem is that Nintendo's relying way too much on their own games while ignoring 3rd party devs.
The worst part of this is that the same guys that say "We just need Z/M/K" are the same that will cry because of the lack of ideas for those same games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Touché.