GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If this is true, then all I can say is "Holy shit. I actually feel sorry for Sony"

But it's a REALLY long stretch that they are telling the truth. I can't imagine something so precious getting leaked.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
v1.1 s*cks, they never added anything (except discless game loading, if it actually works) and it was already done 2 September: Last Modified 02-Sep-2010 02:12.. LOL! (Although this actually means nothing, but c'mon, it's the PS Jailbreak team!)

I think I get the "new firmwares" part... With new firmwares I suppose they actually mean other firmwares, thus the older ones. If so, they even s*ck more for making bad promises and lying, resulting in all this sh*t about the master keys being leaked being untrue.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Be serious. Anyone who has access to the master keys will be under so many disclaimers etc that if they leak them they will be in serious trouble.

Given how aggressive Sony are being, what do you think they will do to someone who leaks a master key? Even then, those who have the key are likely to be close to Sony ie inhouse hardware/ software developers, and probably don't agree with software piracy.

Anyone can start a rumour.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BlackAce83 said:
WiiPower said:
anyways, blablabla and tt has the private key for the wii and is not releasing bootmii boot2 for newer wiis because they are all a..holes...
Was this a jk, or are you serious, seems like they would release it if they had it.

You have to see irony when it bites you. Of course i wasn't serious, if TT had those keys, we would have BootMii boot2 for newer Wiis. And if they didn't want to get legal trouble, then they would release them anonymically. I wouldn't be surprised if no person has ever seen the private key for the Wii, not even nintendo employees, that's not necessary at all.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea it was kindof silly of me to think so.lol you had me going though
smile.gif

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MrDiesel said:
If I understand correctly what doyama was saying, a CFW would be possible, but only up to 3.50 because with the next update a new key would be introduced and so you can't have a CFW for higher firmwares, unless the new key would be leaked as well, which the chance of is very minor. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And you'll also need the luck to have the key right now, I still can't believe the PSJailbreak team has any sort of key.

If you have the private master key then Sony couldn't do anything to stop you signing anything ever.

They can revoke other keys, but usually the public master key would be stored in somewhere that can't be changed.
Otherwise you could create your own key and sign everything yourself.

Whether the PSJailbreak team have the key or not is irrelevant right now. Although it will be interesting to see what gets released after GT5 is out.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smf said:
MrDiesel said:
If I understand correctly what doyama was saying, a CFW would be possible, but only up to 3.50 because with the next update a new key would be introduced and so you can't have a CFW for higher firmwares, unless the new key would be leaked as well, which the chance of is very minor. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And you'll also need the luck to have the key right now, I still can't believe the PSJailbreak team has any sort of key.

If you have the private master key then Sony couldn't do anything to stop you signing anything ever.

They can revoke other keys, but usually the public master key would be stored in somewhere that can't be changed.
Otherwise you could create your own key and sign everything yourself.

Whether the PSJailbreak team have the key or not is irrelevant right now. Although it will be interesting to see what gets released after GT5 is out.

Not really. Its pretty relevant. If they have it, they could release a CFW or a signed backup manager or whatever. And still sell it with a dongle, and make it so it wouldn't run without the dongle, so people actually have to pay, and can't just download it.

And before anyone says it, there is no reason why a signed binary from the PSJailbreak team should be any easier to obtain the keys from than a signed Sony binary i.e. it won't help anyone other than PSJailbreak team, and people won't be able to modify the backup manager, or sign custom binaries. (Don't believe me? Look at PSP Action Replay/TiltFX)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia