MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While browsing wiinintendo.net, I came across an article that they had written stating that Dampe, the creator of the Ocarina of Time 2D project, had apparently faked his death.

From the article:
QUOTE said:
It appears that the would-be creator of Ocarina of Time 2D, who was reported to have died in a car accident, faked his death to escape the project. While we can not guarantee that this is really Dampe, I think that it is safe to assume that it is.

His reasons listed are:

As the progression of OOT 2 D grew, so did the fans.
The pressure became unbelievable.
I was getting ridiculous phone calls to my home phone.
I do have a family, and people were very inconsiderate.
I was forced to have my home phone number changed, Dampee does not want American Fags calling him at 3am saying.
lol when will oot 2 d be finished?
Why did I give up?
Because I lost interest.
Here is a link to the article which has a youtube video of someone claiming to be Dampe.

As far as I can tell, nobody really knows if he is really dead or alive or what. Obviously the internet is full of shit that is true and speculation, but if this is in fact true, I think that it is pretty ridiculous that he would do such a thing as a lot of people really sincerely lamented his loss.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no offense, but if he was smart enough to fake his own death
i doubt he'd make a youtube video...and and then tell people to PM him
isnt that what "dampe" was escaping from
he didnt want fags calling him at 3am right?
i think its just a hoax. if he was alive, he wouldnt be trying to attract attention now would he?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wacko.gif

Quite a sordid tale. Yeesh!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
plenty of people know exactly what happened.

First, the original OOT2D creator is Daniel Barras aka "The Real Methuselah" (TRM)
After many years of 'development' it became clear he would never finish oot2d, or if he even started it in the first place.
So roughly a dozen other people start their own OOT2D projects to capitalize on TRM's fame.
Dampe is one of these people.

The thing is that no one outside of a zelda fan game community understands there are hundreds of zelda fangames being made and already tons of 2D conversions of official games.
As the case goes, dampe and all the others are known as faceless, nameless "oot2d creators" who all receive the exact same abuse.
It's impossible to declare one oot2d project cancelled because so many are in development and the fans are so ignorant, so he faked his death.

But aside from that, dampe had always been a douche, he and the other oot2d creators aren't doing anything admirable.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
tinymonkeyt said:
no offense, but if he was smart enough to fake his own death
i doubt he'd make a youtube video...and and then tell people to PM him
isnt that what "dampe" was escaping from
he didnt want fags calling him at 3am right?
i think its just a hoax. if he was alive, he wouldnt be trying to attract attention now would he?

When that happened.. there was no youtube
tongue.gif

But, yeah.. that was a stupid reason to fake a death..

D

Deleted User

.TakaM said:
thedicemaster said:
O_O
i heard that OOT2D got canceled because nintendo doesn't like fangames.
nintendo has never shut down a single fangame/romhack related to them.
What about that Super Smash Bros. DS game that got shut down?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
warmijwilfaain said:
.TakaM said:
thedicemaster said:
O_O
i heard that OOT2D got canceled because nintendo doesn't like fangames.
nintendo has never shut down a single fangame/romhack related to them.
What about that Super Smash Bros. DS game that got shut down?
I've never heard that it was anything other than a rumored project, and if it were real, I'd bet it had the exact same fate as other canceled fangames- claiming a cease and desist to take the easy way out.

QUOTE(jelbo @ Jun 5 2008, 02:25 AM)
.TakaM: great informative post. I knew parts of it though. The whole OoT2D is a bit sad really. Attention whores and fanboys are what's keeping the dream alive.
what's really sad is that there are much better games in development that don't get the attention they deserve thanks to douches that fail at death

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI