ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
new_nintendo_3ds.png
Nintendo of America has yet to say when US consumers will be getting their hands on the New Nintendo 3DS. However, a source at GameStop has apparently revealed that the console will launch in the United States on February 13th. The company has apparently already received marketing material for the console in a few of its stores. This is just a rumour but it is expected in either February or March.

:arrow: Source

EDIT

new_nintendo_3ds_marketing_material.jpg

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wat firmware

Seriously though, I been wanting to upgrade my 3ds to the XL version for awhile now

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feb 13th is a Friday. Nintendo usually releases stuff on Sundays. Both the original 3DS and 3DS XL were released on Sundays...

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noice! So soon :) I'm rocking a launch day Aqua Blue 3DS and it would be really nice as a post-exam treat for me to pick up a New 3DS, especially if it comes with 9.2> so I can use Gateway with it when they release N3DS support.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo was smart they would have made them launch with force firmware update like the Xbox One :blink:

SpongeFreak52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's look at what happened with the 2DS and its firmware.

The 2DS was released in most regions on October 12th, 2013.

The first batch of 2DS systems shipped with firmware 6.0, which was released June 17th, 2013.

6.1 was released June 27th, 2013. This was over THREE MONTHS before the system was even out.

So if the 2DS is anything to go off of, this means that a system will have between a 3-4 month delay behind the current firmware. So it's entirely possible the US N3DS will ship with an exploitable firmware.

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo of America has yet to say when US consumers will be getting their hands on the New Nintendo 3DS. However, a source at GameStop has apparently revealed that the console will launch in the United States on February 13th. The company has apparently already received marketing material for the console in a few of its stores. This is just a rumour but it is expected in either February or March.

Source
ahh i hope gateway is waiting for their n3ds update so they can make it compatible with these release NA N3DS systems. Then I'll upgrade. I've read that gamestop is going to offer $75 and $100 dollars respectively for a 3ds/3ds xl to trade in and upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-