(RUMOR) N3DS & N3DSXL US Release Date Revealed by Gamestop

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm, the 9.2 updates came in Oct, while the 9.4 updates released in Dec. I sure hope the New 3DS's remain on 9.2 :)

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to my friend who is a manager at gamestop, they started stocking these into inventory around US thanksgaving. However Nintendo shipped them wrapped in brown paper. So they can't tell what colors they have n how many of each. Only the computer system knows the exact details.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to my friend who is a manager at gamestop, they started stocking these into inventory around US thanksgaving. However Nintendo shipped them wrapped in brown paper. So they can't tell what colors they have n how many of each. Only the computer system knows the exact details.

Well IF that were true the firmware would be incredibly low so I highly doubt it.

version 8.1.0-19U Update released: August 6th, 2014
version 9.0.0-20U Update released: October 6th, 2014
version 9.2.0-20U Update released: October 29th, 2014
version 9.3.0-21U Update released: December 8th, 2014
version 9.4.0-21U Update released: December 11th, 2014

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yeeeeahhh, that wouldn't happen. Nintendo wouldn't put expensive stock like that in Gamestop back rooms.. It'll be only a matter of time (couple minutes) before someone opened it. They were likely amiibos lol.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to decide what to do, just finally took the plunge to order one from fishpond to have imported last friday, it still has not shipped and the total price after shipping was $233 US dollars (298 NZ dollars I believe) so I feel like I got a good deal compared to most other websites to import it such as playasia. I'm wondering if this rumor is true if I should cancel my order and just buy a Us one but I'm worried the FW will be higher on them. Decisions decisions. Might just stick with the import even if it means having to buy PAL games if I ever want a real game.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
stop bitching about the firmware and Gateway compatibility and prepare for the future that is the DSTwo+.
the Gateway is a good flashcart and all that, but is showing his age, is the same that happened to the original R4.

/ontopic
with a Nintendo direct tomorrow you can only wonder if they will really announce the New 3DS US launch or just do as always and show the upcoming titles that everyone and their cat already know.
I'm hopping Nintendo learned and are gonna show the N3DS or at least new stuff, a glimpse of 2015 and the like.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

According to my Dad who works at Nintendo, the US version of the New 3DS and New 3DS XL will come with a special edition of Pokemon OR/AS (depending on which one you get), a Mario sippy cup, and an inflatable Lucina body pillow. Trust me, it's gonna be great.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop bitching about the firmware and Gateway compatibility and prepare for the future that is the DSTwo+.
the Gateway is a good flashcart and all that, but is showing his age, is the same that happened to the original R4.

You do realize a lot of people own a GW already? For them the bitching is justified since it is a deal breaker on buying a NA N3DS or possibly importing one. Everyone doesn't want to buy another flashcart.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeeeeahhh, that wouldn't happen. Nintendo wouldn't put expensive stock like that in Gamestop back rooms.. It'll be only a matter of time (couple minutes) before someone opened it. They were likely amiibos lol.

Nay. The items say NEW 3DSes. They just can't tell what's an xl and what isn't, what colors they got ect. They are not allowed to remove the wrapping for another week.

Actually this wouldn't be the first time a console got a stock a head of a time. A family member worked at walmart when both the original xbox and 360s launched. Both were stocked two months before hand. It is the first time since the game boy color that I heard Nintendo sending out stock this early

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is not going to announce the New 3DS in the Direct.

Why?

Most retailers, but not all, have a 30 day return policy and a lot of 3DS's were sold just before Christmas. If I had bought one I sure as hell would be retuning it, grubby smudges, scratches and all. The retailers would go ballistic.

However, Nintendo has a recent track record of really stupid decisions. If it is announced I will preorder a couple and check the firmware of the first batch. Return if necessary.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
You do realize a lot of people own a GW already? For them the bitching is justified since it is a deal breaker on buying a NA N3DS or possibly importing one. Everyone doesn't want to buy another flashcart.

I do, but I also realize that the Gateway team is struggling to get the cart working on newer firmware versions that is becoming more and more like the DS flashcarts.
back then there was 2 options, buy a newer flashcart or keep your DSlite, now the options will be much the same, buy a newer flashcart or keep your old 3DS.

Also that's why I recommend the DSTwo+, because the original DSTwo works on everything, even if you have a day 1 model you can update it and use it on any DS and 3DS model to date and I expect the same support for the DSTwo+.

of course these are mere speculations and I can be wrong, but history says that.
maybe the Gateway team rode the boat too early and that's why they are struggling to get solutions now and the Supercard team played it a little more safe waiting up to this moment. but who knows.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

/ontopic
with a Nintendo direct tomorrow you can only wonder if they will really announce the New 3DS US launch or just do as always and show the upcoming titles that everyone and their cat already know.
I'm hopping Nintendo learned and are gonna show the N3DS or at least new stuff, a glimpse of 2015 and the like.
Give me a release date and proof it exists. Until then it is just a rumor.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Gamestop buy consoles and software from Nintendo and Nintendo's Distributors.
The ownership is Gamestop's, not Nintendo's.

Nintendo is not going to announce the New 3DS in the Direct.

Why?

Most retailers, but not all, have a 30 day return policy and a lot of 3DS's were sold just before Christmas. If I had bought one I sure as hell would be retuning it, grubby smudges, scratches and all. The retailers would go ballistic.

However, Nintendo has a recent track record of really stupid decisions. If it is announced I will preorder a couple and check the firmware of the first batch. Return if necessary.

they already announced it last year, they're announcing release dates and prices, along with games for 3ds and wii u this season.

Usually, you can't return a product just because there's a newer better one coming out in a month.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has been confirmed that the announce is real and the Supercard team is really trustworthy ;).
Yep, "just a matter of days". 5 days ago and still nothing. No announcement on their website.

I got a WiiKey U to sell you if you want one. :)

they already announced it last year, they're announcing release dates and prices, along with games for 3ds and wii u this season.

Usually, you can't return a product just because there's a newer better one coming out in a month.

In the US you can. In addition almost every major retailer has a holiday extended return policy. Everything bought in November through December can be returned until January 15th.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Yep, "just a matter of days". 5 days ago and still nothing. No announcement on their website.

I got a WiiKey U to sell you if you want one. :)

isn't the same with the Gateway new firmware??

aaaaanyway, enough of this, let's wait until tomorrow and hope Nintendo surprise us :yaynds:.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the US you can. In addition almost every major retailer has a holiday extended return policy. Everything bought in November through December can be returned until January 15th.

Even though it was used? I mean, sure, you can return it even here in Germany for 30 days, as long as it is still wrapped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021