Rumor: 'Dragon Ball Z' Movie Game Getting Localized?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Jan 15, 2009.

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"I’m shocked. The game based on the upcoming Dragonball Z looks like it’s getting a release here thanks to a product listing on Gamefly. They have Dragon Ball Z: Evolution in their database with a tentative April 9 release date. Oh, April 9? Doesn’t the movie come out on April 10? A release around then seems about right.

Still yet to be confirmed is the style of the game. Will it be an anime retelling of the same story or will it be done in the style of Street Fighter: The Movie? The latter choice would be good for a laugh, but would probably be awful."

Source

2. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    Cool. Now we have an awful game to compliment an awful movie. Childhood = destroyed.

3. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    People are surprised?

4. DokiDoki98

Member DokiDoki98 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Shocked!!!!!

DB movie=FAIL.

DB movie game= GIVES PEOPLE AIDS

DB movie= DBZ movie

DBZ movie= DBZ movie game

DBZ movie game= AN ATOMIC BOMB BEING DROPPED THAT GIVES YOU AIDS

5. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First of all they completely kill the dragonball series as all the fan knew it, come on Krilllin, Goku's child hood best friend is not even in the movie, and the modern theme doesn't even fit db, should have stayed in the db universe, and Mai never had powers let alone shape shifting, to summon the dragon you need some kind of eclipse, last time I checked all you had to do is gather the balls, and call Shenron, which in the movie is named shenlong, I'm not going to pay a dime to see it.I'm just going to watch it online to laugh, and to see that fine ass jamie, the girl playing chichi

6. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    This movie looks like it's gonna fail. I can't imagine this working out, it just so... weird seeing it in American movie theaters. Maybe it will be like an animated photoshop video. [​IMG]

7. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    i really hope that this is just a rumour and WILL BE a rumor, ughh, the horror of this been a real game, as if my childhood hasn't been grinded into dust [​IMG]