ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm some one help me when i download the file all i get is to files which is " Patch" and "read me" and when i click on the patch i get something saying " can't find the universal code pattern to be patched" some plz tell me what i should do

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vinheim said:
Don't wanna read through the whole 59 pages, so I'll just ask it. Does it really work? It's been a while since I've come to the site, so I lost track of the AP protection for HGSS.

try it for yourself. Don't be so arrogent!

FrozenSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it really works thanks a lot!!!! I have tested it around 10x actions, and it worked thanks!! Sorry if I made mistakes at English.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I put this on my brother's Supercard and he said that lots of the game text appears as a bunch of question marks as if it was a translation that wasn't complete. But I used the USA ROM so it shouldn't do that...

Silent Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to patch this so many times, followed the instructions and everything, but I still can't get past the part where the character miniaturizes. Are you all using NO$GBA?

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this patch is just for the flash cards i believe.

i've read somewhere about that this does nothing for pc emulators.

micadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It does nothing if you don't have BIOS and firmware.bin files in No$Gba folder...
If you have them (like me) - you can play hours without freezing or crashing - entire game completed (including Battle Frontier, battle with Red etc.) without a single problem ...

ComboMambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micadi said:
It does nothing if you don't have BIOS and firmware.bin files in No$Gba folder...
If you have them (like me) - you can play hours without freezing or crashing - entire game completed (including Battle Frontier, battle with Red etc.) without a single problem ...

That's illegal what i asked for
closedeyes.gif

piau9000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Stevetry said:
piau9000 said:
To resume it all...Does it work on desmume (0.9.6 with rudolph patch aplied to the rom)?

yes it works
I tried but after sometime (after battles), the sprites turns all messy and when I do a action (change screen, battle, etc...) the game freeze...
I noticed that this happen often in gin battles (leader or not).

Shiera

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm, when I download the file & open it, it keeps saying "Unexpected end of archive."
Any ideas on solving this problem? :/

benuneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this a few times and I seem to be getting it to work (I can move around and such), but then when I try to save it gives me a blue screen error that says I can never save. Am I doing it wrong? Maybe my micro-SD is just too full for the save file? Can anyone lend some advice?

Shiera

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok, So now I no longer have the unexpected end of archive error message.

Then I had another error.

Tried to patch but it said Can't find the universal code to be patched.

Arghhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...