OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rudolphs DS dumping tools updated.

Some fixes and improvements.

Rudolph has continued to update the DS cart dumping tools.

Most notably the EZFlash 3 in 1 version was made can now be used in conjuction with a DS slot cart (the 3 in 1 NOR is written to before being copied back to the DS slot cart and the process repeats) for those lacking the equipment to use the original Wifi and GBA slot versions.

NDS Backup Tool Slot2 v0.31 (16/8/2007)

NDS Backup Tool Wifi v0.31 (19/8/2007)

NDS Backup Tool 3in1 v0.3 (19/8/2007)

icon11.gif
Homepage (Japanese)

download.gif
Download centre (all three versions bundled)

Thanks to DjoeNtje for the news.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. But what changes are there from v0.2 for the 3in1 NDS backup tool (now v0.3)?

EDIT: (readme in Japo-nese translation from babelfish)
QUOTE said:
====== NDS Backup Tool 3in1 V0.3 ======

Making use of 3in1 Expansion Pack, backup of the SAVE data of NDS ROM/restore
And it is the tool which backs up ROM image.
Because you can think that trouble such that the SAVE data of NDS ROM breaks occurs
At self responsibility please utilize.
Starting the tool from [majikon] of Slot1, using NOR and SRAM of 3in1 Expansion Pack
Backup is drawn up in SD of [majikon] of Slot1.

< Introduction method >
Because “NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.nds”, it is DLDI correspondence, in combination with to Slot1 [majikon] which is utilized
Please process the patch and the like. With default, it has become uninduced.

Adjusting “NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.ini” to use environment with the editor, et. al it corrects.
In the route of SD, “NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.nds” and “NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.ini” are copied.
?When there is no “NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1.ini”, it becomes operation at initial value, (usually it is not, the [te] all right).

Setting of various hardware requirements is entered. ''' #! 'Letter of after the line is handled as comment.
?FileDir
???Appoints the directory of SD which manages the file which it backs up (initial value /NDS_Backup).
?SaveFile 0
???When backing up SAVE of ROM, size of the SAV file is appointed. Size of the numerical value which it appoints
???The unit becomes KByte. When 0 is appointed, it reaches the size of SAVE of ROM, (as for initial value, 0).
???In case of R4/M3S 512, in case of DSLink please appoint 520.
?Trim
???When backing up NDS ROM, is appointed (as for initial value, there is no Trim when the trim it does the unused area).
?NoEraseNor
???After each backing up it does not eliminate NOR which is used. Usually, before writing the data to NOR, after eliminating
???Because you write, as for elimination after the using it is not necessary, but it eliminates also after the processing for safety, (as for initial value, there is NOR elimination).

< Usage >
“NDS_Backup_Tool_3in1” is started.
With , Save Backup Save Restore Rom Backup is changed.

?(Save Backup)
?: It renews the contents of the SAV file which it appoints, with the contents of SAVE of ROM as backup.
?: Drawing up the new SAV file, it backs up the contents of SAVE of ROM.
?????Name of the SAV file which is drawn up automatically is GameTitle_Gamecode_No.sav.
?????No is calculated automatically to the 00~99.

?(Save Restore)
?: Contents of the SAV file which it appoints, restore (entry) are done in SAVE of ROM.
?: The SAVE area of ROM is initialized with 0xFF.

?(Rom Backup)
?: It renews with the contents where ROM dumps the contents of the NDS file which it appoints, as backup.
?: Drawing up the new NDS file, it backs up the contents which ROM dumps.
?????Name of the NDS file which is drawn up automatically is GameTitle_GamecodeRomVer.nds.
?????Already when there is a file of the same name, the upper book it is done automatically.

?(Commonness)
?: Ending the program, it turns off the power of NDS.

< Note and the like >
In order to continue processing, the power source of DS is cut off automatically midway. That time, pulling out ROM, when starting you used
?After difference changing into [majikon] of Slot1, turning on the power of DS, please execute the tool for the second time.
While processing and continuation, when use same [majikon] please (it modifies midway, be sure not to be able to continue processing).
As for [majikon] of Slot1 and the removal pouring of ROM, following to the indication of the picture, please be sure to go.
While processing and continuation, please do not fumble the contents of SD of [majikon] or the contents of the ini file.
Using “3in1 Expansion Pack,” SAVE of SRAM which was drawn up is guaranteed, but please evacuate in advance to make sure.
?SAVE of SRAM which was drawn up with the other tool is not guaranteed. In addition, NOR is initialized.
ROM with the card, at one time there are times when you cannot recognize just (several degrees there are times when you can recognize by the fact that the removal pouring is done).
?Macronix1024Mbit (128MB) and the like, please use the day Telecom “recognition improvement adapter, or” adjust the terminal of the basis.

< Flow of main processing >
(Save Backup)
?1. At , appointing the file which with backup it draws up & renews
?2. In ROM which it backs up the difference changing
3. Because the power source of DS is cut off automatically, difference changing into [majikon] when starting, turning on the power of DS, starting the tool
?4. With processing continuation (actual file entry), discontinuing processing with

?(Save Restore)
?1. At , to appoint the file which it restores, with initialization of the SAVE territory
?2. In ROM which it restores the difference changing
?3. The power source of DS is cut off automatically. Processing completion (has not used NOR of 3in1 at this point in time)

?(Rom Backup)
?1. At , appointing the file which with backup it draws up & renews
?2. In ROM which it backs up the difference changing
?3. Because the power source of DS is cut off automatically, difference changing into [majikon] when starting, turning on the power of DS, starting the tool
?4. With processing continuation (actual file entry), discontinuing processing with
?5. In case of ROM above 32MB, processing from 2 is repeated, (with 1 times in case of 32MB and 128MB 4 times)

< Thanks >
The structural encoding of ROM referred the reference of GBATEK
  (http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#dscartridgesencryptionfirmware).
SAVE as for Read/Write/Erase routine of decision and FLASH type of type, with REIN SaTa as a reference
?It received.
Japanese the font is the data of the dawn gothic 12dot which [ro] [sa] is open used.
Latest the idea contest is the [ji] [yo] from those which it receives used
Everyone whom SaTa it is [ro] [sa] the [ji] [yo] it is, test edition (Wifi/Slot-2 edition it includes and) participated in appraisal,
Thank you.

< Past record >
V0.2 2007/8/17 test edition. Drawing up 3in1 edition as a being defeated of Wifi/Slot-2 edition
V0.3 2007/8/19 formal edition. Originally at the ini file appointing the presence of NOR elimination after the using which is not needed

Furthermore ====== the importance you ask, ====================================================================
As for use of the ROM image which it backs up, please limit to the utilization with the individual.
The ROM image which it backs up, please do not do behavior such as sale transfer distribution no matter what.
In addition, this tool is not something which promotes these irregularities.
================================================================================
=======

by Rudolph (emperor)

If Bill Trinen knew about this...

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way that works with M3DS Real + GBA Expansion yet? I thought there was an older version of the 3-in-1 tool that would work, but I haven't found it yet - didn't rudolph get the slot-2 ram expansion method working before he banned M3 products?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also