Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know...this is really damn patheticly amusing. One moment you're all for it, then next, thinking it's the worst thing out there. One moment it has good AKAIO support, then Normmatt says he may be done with it, and you all quite literally turn a 180 and say it's the worst.

Really damn pathetic, guys.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shinkukage09 said:
You know...this is really damn patheticly amusing. One moment you're all for it, then next, thinking it's the worst thing out there. One moment it has good AKAIO support, then Normmatt says he may be done with it, and you all quite literally turn a 180 and say it's the worst.

Really damn pathetic, guys.

Don't include me in that statement. I thought they were shit right from the get-go. I bought three of them (genuine, from a reputable seller) and they were all fucked. I came here for help and everyone said it was my fault. "It can't be the cards, you're a stupid fucking n00b."

Guess what, it is the cards. They're fucked, and a whole bunch more people are coming out of the woodwork with fucked AKs. Top this off with no more AKAIO and it makes a pretty strong case for not buying fucking Acekard. I couldn't wait to get rid of mine after wasting 2 days of my life trying to get them to work.

I got DSTTs and within 10 minutes had them all up and running without a single problem. Keep loving your AKs, but I'll never buy another one and I could never, ever recommend one to a friend.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you must just be really unlucky. Because I've bought 3(2 2.1's, and a 2i) and I've had not a single problem. I've also recommended and got about 5 or 6 different people to buy at least one, and they haven't had problems either. Not. One. The only reason my first Acekard 2.1 broke was because it fell out and landed under a car tire. You can guess what happened.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
got DSTTs and within 10 minutes had them all up and running without a single problem.

Good luck with your DSTTs, for which there is NO official support and the unofficial one may or may not come anymore from a whiny Japanese.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sfg said:
QUOTE said:
got DSTTs and within 10 minutes had them all up and running without a single problem.

Good luck with your DSTTs, for which there is NO official support and the unofficial one may or may not come anymore from a whiny Japanese.

Well:

1) There's a quiet little group that posts regular updates and I've got their page bookmarked.

2) Currently I can play far more games than I could with a fucked up AK2.1.

3) If support ever really ends and I want to play a game that isn't supported, I'll simply spend another $20 or so (still much less than the price of a single game) on what's actually working at that point in time. I can predict with certainty that it won't be a fucking Acekard.

...but thanks for the good luck, anyway. No amount of luck will help all the poor bastards who ended up with fucked AKs.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

Well:

1) There's a quiet little group that posts regular updates and I've got their page bookmarked.

2) Currently I can play far more games than I could with a fucked up AK2.1.

3) If support ever really ends and I want to play a game that isn't supported, I'll simply spend another $20 or so (still much less than the price of a single game) on what's actually working at that point in time. I can predict with certainty that it won't be a fucking Acekard.

...but thanks for the good luck, anyway. No amount of luck will help all the poor bastards who ended up with fucked AKs.

Like I said. You're probably just REALLY unlucky. Acekard has nearly perfect compatibility. And there's no way the DSTT can have better compatibility then it, I 100% guarantee that.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
N64Temp said:
DSTT better than AK, no way. As Derpavo sez, "DSTT is the new R4."

In order for it to be a fair fight, the AK would have to fucking work with current FW, which it doesn't. So DSTT wins by a fucking mile, at my house.

Posts merged

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Jan 16 2010, 12:22 AM) Like I said. You're probably just REALLY unlucky. Acekard has nearly perfect compatibility. And there's no way the DSTT can have better compatibility then it, I 100% guarantee that.

Yeah, me and dozens of other people who got AK2.1s recently. Have you not seen the threads?
wacko.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
N64Temp said:
DSTT better than AK, no way. As Derpavo sez, "DSTT is the new R4."

In order for it to be a fair fight, the AK would have to fucking work with current FW, which it doesn't. So DSTT wins by a fucking mile, at my house.

Posts merged

QUOTE(shinkukage09 @ Jan 16 2010, 12:22 AM) Like I said. You're probably just REALLY unlucky. Acekard has nearly perfect compatibility. And there's no way the DSTT can have better compatibility then it, I 100% guarantee that.

Yeah, me and dozens of other people who got AK2.1s recently. Have you not seen the threads?
wacko.gif

Well then stop buying outdated products, get a damn 2i, and stop complaining. If you're going to buy something outdated, and that really shouldn't be sold anymore when the 2i is the same thing, just newer and less glitchy, you don't really have the right to complain. 2i's DO WORK ona DS and DS Lite after all, and are the same price, if not cheaper. And it DOES say right on the sites that they work with it.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, until the DSTTs give me some reason to replace them, they're staying in my DSs. They currently support very recent games (and all before) and I know for a fact that there will be more updates coming in the future. For how long? Who knows. As shown by this thread, support can disappear at any time, regardless of what card you are running.

If I ever do replace the DSTTs (I may never have to) I will certainly not buy another AK.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
Well, until the DSTTs give me some reason to replace them, they're staying in my DSs. They currently support very recent games (and all before) and I know for a fact that there will be more updates coming in the future. For how long? Who knows. As shown by this thread, support can disappear at any time, regardless of what card you are running.

If I ever do replace the DSTTs (I may never have to) I will certainly not buy another AK.

Hmmm... YSMenu's site is down.
Looks like you'll probebly have to ditch that stupid ****ing clone for a decent card... like an AK2i.

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
YSmenu is outdated but work greate
smile.gif
ofc with new unofficial firmware...

Too bad that Acekard is going to DIE! after all it is good flash card

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
macgeek417 said:
Hmmm... YSMenu's site is down.
Looks like you'll probebly have to ditch that stupid ****ing clone for a decent card... like an AK2i.

I don't use YSMenu, and my card is not a clone. Either way I'm much better off than I was with 3 POS AKs.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the AK team could start working on their own damn firmware. If they can't do that them maybe the acekard should die. If the new Supercard is as good as they say there will be no reason to pine for the loss of Akaio at any rate.

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Maybe the AK team could start working on their own damn firmware. If they can't do that them maybe the acekard should die. If the new Supercard is as good as they say there will be no reason to pine for the loss of Akaio at any rate.

I have 8 AK2.1 and 11 AK2i in stok so AKAIO cant DIE yet!
biggrin.gif

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kinio_64 said:
YSmenu is outdated but work greate
smile.gif
ofc with new unofficial firmware...

Too bad that Acekard is going to DIE! after all it is good flash card

Whether one uses YSMenu or not is a moot point, really. That new unofficial firmware and the updates to infolib.dat, extinfo.dat, etc. that keep coming are keeping the DSTT very current.

In light of all that is going on, the DSTT is by far a better choice than AK2.1. While all the bullets fly over AKAIO, etc. the DSTT is quietly continuing to be supported and stable.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny though how some motivate non-working AK2.1's by the fact that they're too old.
Shouldn't AKAIO support Akecard R.P.G.'s too? Those are even older.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
I find it funny though how some motivate non-working AK2.1's by the fact that they're too old.
Shouldn't AKAIO support Akecard R.P.G.'s too? Those are even older.
My old Acekard 2.1 from a year ago runs Akaio 1.5 perfectly. The recent batches of 2.1s must be bad or clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok