Homebrew RPGtemp

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a continuation of the car story, and not the flashcart story.

You get into your fixed up car, and take the shirtless guy along with you. Suddenly, all of you are hungry, and could really use a good meal. There are some restaurants nearby. Which one do you go to?

A. Convenience store

B. Fast food place

C. Nice family-owned diner

D. 5-star restaurant with only the most exquisite cuisine

A. The convenience store food gives everyone in the car severe diarrhea.

B. The fast food place gives everyone severe food poisoning. You die.

C. Everyone has a very satisfying meal and you tip the waitress.

D. The portions are extremely small, and the meal ends up costing more than what all 3 of you guys have combined. You decide to do a dine and dash, but you get caught. The owner takes dine and dashers very seriously, so he shoves a shotgun into your eye socket and pulls the trigger. Then he does the same to your friends.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
@Above, it's all one story, you continue from my segment, post 87.
You're gonna have to rewrite that.
Cause right now, its like this

You find a car, you run into a monster, your car breaks down, the topless guy fixes your car, you buy your r4 clone, you go to the grocery store, you see the police arrest the criminal with the package and you get arrested for possesion of an r4 clone.

Ok, Made art for Sheaperd's segment
(http://gbatemp.net/t280108-rpgtemp?view=fi...t&p=3483365)
http://pastebin.me/d66a6d92426552f737a8d2d2b40f722f

And one for VA
(http://gbatemp.net/t280108-rpgtemp?view=fi...t&p=3483304)
http://pastebin.me/d66a6d92426552f737a8d2d2b40f8223
This one was hard, I couldn't get the effect right, feel free to improve this one

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:

You find a car, you run into a monster, your car breaks down, the topless guy fixes your car, you buy your r4 clone, you go to the grocery store, you see the police arrest the criminal with the package and you get arrested for possesion of an r4 clone.

Don't forget you get away because the police let you off after Another World comes, then you buy ice cream, and catch a criminal. Are we now ignoring the teleportation through microwave? Because we could have a splinter-story. Only if Rydian wants to add it. He said only one storyline, though...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no ASCII art in the current version because nobody submitted any. A few people have offered to do it for those stories missing it, but that will take a little time.

As for side stories, one or two will be inserted by myself and other staff members as surprises (let's see if anybody found the Cheat item in this build, it's step 1). While opening up the story for users to submit/make branching would be nice, as you can see it's hard enough keeping a single storyline straight.
tongue.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
MatrixMaster3 said:
ron975 said:

Don't forget you get away because the police let you off after Another World comes, then you buy ice cream, and catch a criminal. Are we now ignoring the teleportation through microwave? Because we could have a splinter-story. Only if Rydian wants to add it. He said only one storyline, though...
I though it was Ice Cream>Another World, cause the police come to catch the criminal then arrest you for having an r4 clone.

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
While opening up the story for users to submit/make branching would be nice, as you can see it's hard enough keeping a single storyline straight.
tongue.gif

Agreed. Haha

ron975 said:
MatrixMaster3 said:
QUOTE(ron975 @ Mar 5 2011, 08:16 PM) @Above, it's all one story, you continue from my segment, post 87.

I though it was Ice Cream>Another World, cause the police come to catch the criminal then arrest you for having an r4 clone.
Oh, forgot about that. My b.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Everything is so confusing.. Hope I'm on the right track.. Fix this if its wrong >.>

You end up in a prison cell with a mutant frog man who happens to be a genius. He introduces himself to you as Bob. You..

a)Pick a fight with him
Unfortunately, he has alien magic. He makes your head implode. You die.

b)Introduce yourself to him
You become friends, and hatch a plan to break out of prison together. +1! "Bob" added to party!

c)ignore him and cry that 'cause you're in jail
You sit around crying and become so old you grow a massive beard like on TV and die.

d)Rage 'cause you're in jail
you pace around angrily, then slip and hit your head on the cell bars. you die.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
bob says there's a microwave outside the jail cell.
you try to make a stupid attempt to escape.
what do you do?

-INSERT ASCII ART-

A: ask if you can have something out of the microwave.
CORRECT
"sure go ahead" says the prison guard. you type in random numbers and teleport home.
B: you wait for dinner, and the spoon will be your shovel.
Succ-- you got busted. the cops hit you in your head.
C: you wait.
Endlessly waiting, Bob goes insane after hearing you have a R4OMGWTF in your possesion.
he kills you.
D :you bust out by using bobs strength.
guards shoot you in the head. game over!

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Ok, so I gues we're gonna have to branch out.
I can create a buffer story to get the main character in jail.

THIS STORY GOES IN BETWEEN ron975's STORY AND obito's STORY.

RANDOM ASCII ART HERE.

You decide not to leave your precious R4OMGWTF behind and attempt to make a run for it. Where do you go?

The police catch you in the kitchen just as you trip into the frying batter and die.

The mutant rats and turtles from the sewer kung fu you to death.

CORRECT:

You realize the car is locked and the cops dispense even more pity upon you and just take you to jail.

Obviously that dirty hobo from before murders you because he just dropped some acid. You just don't learn, do you?

thegreatace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i didn't think my microwave was gonna be a good hook for transportation lol

anyways, I'll pick up where kajdan post 110 left off.

as your particles resemble in your kitchen Bob the mutant frog starts to throw up because he has never been exposed the micro-teleportation before. Bob's slimy body hangs over your sink spewing foul liquids... out of fear you decide to..

art missing-

a. tell him if he is gonna spew he should spew into this Dixie cup.

b. grab him a glass of water to spash on him, don't wanna let Bob dry out.
c. tell him, "now you know what it felt like when I was playing IWBTG."
d. stab him in the back with your butcher knife. dissecting frogs is awesome!

a. is correct.
b. the water you splash on him rolls down his back and he slips and pukes all over you. the Bile burns your skin off and you both die.
c. He says between puking, I beat it! you n00b. you become seriously depressed the next day and decide to beat iwbtg again, but you can't. you suicide.
d.the knife hits his back an acid and bile spew into your face, its such a terrible smell and feeling as your body melts into goop.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've added up through kwartel's, and then added the monkat segment to the end of that (it doesn't interrupt the current story). I'm doing some minor censoring here, euphemisms are fine, but if I were to type some of the more blatent stuff on the forums and it were to be censored, it's a hint it shouldn't be in the game...

There's 8 story segments now, and Beta 2 is up.

MatrixMaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Okay I've added up through kwartel's, and then added the monkat segment to the end of that (it doesn't interrupt the current story). I'm doing some minor censoring here, euphemisms are fine, but if I were to type some of the more blatent stuff on the forums and it were to be censored, it's a hint it shouldn't be in the game...

There's 8 story segments now, and Beta 2 is up.
I noticed that after the first slide, when you make the correct choice, it doesn't show the result and moves on to the next slide with no transition. I didn't check out the older versions, yet, but is that just problem with this version?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Kajdan said:
bob says there's a microwave outside the jail cell.
you try to make a stupid attempt to escape.
what do you do?

-INSERT ASCII ART-

A: ask if you can have something out of the microwave.
CORRECT
"sure go ahead" says the prison guard. you type in random numbers and teleport home.
B: you wait for dinner, and the spoon will be your shovel.
Succ-- you got busted. the cops hit you in your head.
C: you wait.
Endlessly waiting, Bob goes insane after hearing you have a R4OMGWTF in your possesion.
he kills you.
D :you bust out by using bobs strength.
guards shoot you in the head. game over!

http://pastebin.me/d66a6d92426552f737a8d2d2b41236e9

ASCII art of a microwave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s