Hacking Hardware RP2040 V6 installed on V2, switch boots and works fine, but chip doesn't light

theimpatientsamurai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, it boots up to stock FW easily, with no problems, but the way the V2 chip works if you didn't know, is the V2 chip actually plugs into where the NAND plugs into, and the NAND chip plugs into it. and it's still not lighting or giving any sign of life. I also plugged it into the PC and no LED lights up either. It detects the device, but still no sign of life.
The only solder points are SP1 and SP2, and I metered them out. Left side of SP1 is 0V to GND, right is 0.005V to GND, left side of SP2 is 0.005V to GND, right is 0V to GND. The power and everything comes through the board to the NAND chip, which is strange why the chip just refuses to do anything. Should I just buy a new chip or is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

Last edited by theimpatientsamurai,

qubtrash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, it boots up to stock FW easily, with no problems, but the way the V2 chip works if you didn't know, is the V2 chip actually plugs into where the NAND plugs into, and the NAND chip plugs into it. and it's still not lighting or giving any sign of life. I also plugged it into the PC and no LED lights up either. It detects the device, but still no sign of life.
The only solder points are SP1 and SP2, and I metered them out. Left side of SP1 is 0V to GND, right is 0.005V to GND, left side of SP2 is 0.005V to GND, right is 0V to GND. The power and everything comes through the board to the NAND chip, which is strange why the chip just refuses to do anything. Should I just buy a new chip or is there a fix for this? Any help is greatly appreciated! :D
I had the same symptoms until i realized that the chip came unprogrammed.
Use the USB-adaptor and drop fw_2.73.uf2 onto the removable storage from https://github.com/Ansem-SoD/Picofly/tree/main/Firmwares (remember to download it correctly, dont rightclick and download)
Then it should start glitch-training.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish