Hardware Switch not charging or docking but boots fine

MertX2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Title basically says it, during a picofly install the rp2040 shorted the 3v3 voltage rail which is why the switch didnt boot before. After removing the entire mod the switch now boots again but doesn't charge or dock (the dock flashes green rapidly and only stops once unplugged). I checked the values of the componentes around the M92T36 chip in diode mode and the mosfets to the left of it were fine, but most of the caps were around 1,7 to 2.2 which is way too high according to this from repair.wiki
M92T36_Diode_Readings.png

I then took the M92T off the board to see whether or not the values would change but most of them remained while some went to OL. Weirdly, 2 of the mosfets to the right of the chip were shorting to GND on one leg which led me to a capacitor that was shorted and had a value of 1-2 nF which I don't think is the acual value (if anyone knows this value please reach out) but nevertheless, it led me to this marked area on the bottom being shorted to GND which I'm not sure is right.
M92T Area.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated!

Small Update: After looking at the board schmetatics it does seem like the highlighted area is a GND plane as it connects to an inner GND layer through some vias

Last edited by MertX2,

davidroman2494

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Title basically says it, during a picofly install the rp2040 shorted the 3v3 voltage rail which is why the switch didnt boot before. After removing the entire mod the switch now boots again but doesn't charge or dock (the dock flashes green rapidly and only stops once unplugged). I checked the values of the componentes around the M92T36 chip in diode mode and the mosfets to the left of it were fine, but most of the caps were around 1,7 to 2.2 which is way too high according to this from repair.wiki
View attachment 380825
I then took the M92T off the board to see whether or not the values would change but most of them remained while some went to OL. Weirdly, 2 of the mosfets to the right of the chip were shorting to GND on one leg which led me to a capacitor that was shorted and had a value of 1-2 nF which I don't think is the acual value (if anyone knows this value please reach out) but nevertheless, it led me to this marked area on the bottom being shorted to GND which I'm not sure is right.
View attachment 380828
Any feedback is appreciated!

Small Update: After looking at the board schmetatics it does seem like the highlighted area is a GND plane as it connects to an inner GND layer through some vias
Did you managed to find the problem? I have a Switch with this same exact behaviour and I can't find whats happening

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol