BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
don't spout your mouth if you have not tried it, yes, there are a large amount of distro's, its called choice, I am sure you windows users are unfamiliar with the term. as i have said, there are standard tools and libraries that make programs work 100% on all linux distro's

And what makes you think I haven't tried it and you know all about me? I've been trying and testing distros for about 10 years, and it's still the same crap. (however I make sure my windows apps run fine in wine)

It makes no sense to develop for a system that:

- has less than 1% market share, as opposed to 7-9 for Mac (which also sucks though)
http://techsuki.net/2008/07/01/operating-s...s-market-share/
- for which there are no standards
- where your program might run in a distro and not in others for no reason at all

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand how to use the "Backup Saves" function. I've read the quick start guide and it's meant to back up the save files when I right-click them. How does this work? Where do these "back-ups" go?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
How does Rominator handle save files for multiple cards? I have 2 x M3 Real's and 1 x M3 Simply. For each of the cards I have a different directory on it for game (so that Rominator sees them as different card - eg one has a folder ROMS, one has NDS and the other has GAMES).

What happens when I insert my daughter's card, and it backs up her save game, if I then insert MY card, and put the same game on it, will it put HER save game on as well?

Reason I ask is there is definitely something funny going on, as certain games are giving me weird error messages regarding sav files when I try play them, but I know for a fact the games work on one of my other carts - for example High School Musical 3 gives a sav error on my daughter's M3 Real, but it worked perfectly on my gf's M3 Simply. I then deleted all info regarding the game from my daughter's card, then re-added it, and it works fine now.

Also on the Simply games like Monopoly 4 game pack and HSM 1 and 2 give an error within the M3 menu (before the game boots) about there not being enough space to create a sav file, even though there's 400MB spare on the card.

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markmcrobie said:
How does Rominator handle save files for multiple cards? I have 2 x M3 Real's and 1 x M3 Simply. For each of the cards I have a different directory on it for game (so that Rominator sees them as different card - eg one has a folder ROMS, one has NDS and the other has GAMES).

What happens when I insert my daughter's card, and it backs up her save game, if I then insert MY card, and put the same game on it, will it put HER save game on as well?

Reason I ask is there is definitely something funny going on, as certain games are giving me weird error messages regarding sav files when I try play them, but I know for a fact the games work on one of my other carts - for example High School Musical 3 gives a sav error on my daughter's M3 Real, but it worked perfectly on my gf's M3 Simply. I then deleted all info regarding the game from my daughter's card, then re-added it, and it works fine now.

Also on the Simply games like Monopoly 4 game pack and HSM 1 and 2 give an error within the M3 menu (before the game boots) about there not being enough space to create a sav file, even though there's 400MB spare on the card.

From what I understand with this situation for the game saves (I have the same situation, 4 M3 Reals, 3 for my Kids, and 1 for Me) Save Defender (the donator feature) is able to keep everything separate for each Card, but the standard Backup Save feature just backs up the saves by Date, and transfers the default save (usually most recent) to the Card when transferring the game.
But you would be able to double-click on a game in Rominator to get a list of the saves that are there, and then check the save that you want flashed to the Card when transferring the game.

Hope this helps.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ahoy everyone, I've updated Rominator to v2008.19

Changes in v2008.19
[+/-] Completely rewritten the way Rominator handles serial numbers. The Key Code is no longer required and the serial will not change if you need to format your computer. Serials can also be auto-retrieved through a Lost Registration system.
[+] Added a license agreement in the Registration Area. Be sure you read it.
[+] Added two more game languages: Czech and Polish

For the registered users, simply go to the Registration area, click on 'Lost Registration' and fill out the fields (PayPal ID and Email Address). Your permanent serial number will be given to you.

If you can't register or are having troubles, contact me via Rominator Feedback.

Regards,
--Henry

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime that I try to get my SN it just gives a "Registration Details not found" message.

I have tried all email addresses associated with my PayPal account, and all Transaction ID's from Donations.

Wondering if this is just me, or are others having issues?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Seiko said:
Everytime that I try to get my SN it just gives a "Registration Details not found" message.

I have tried all email addresses associated with my PayPal account, and all Transaction ID's from Donations.

It's not just you -- It turns out the transaction ID I have on my end does not match the one on your end -- so mine and everyone else's will be different, so the update has been pulled.

Instead I will be assigning a reference number and having an automatic email sent out to everyone who's registered, so this way you get the reference number as well as serial number.

I'm currently working on this right now and it should be available hopefully today.

Edit: Fix'd. The update is available and all users have been emailed their registration code.

juggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
Mr.Seiko said:

It's not just you -- It turns out the transaction ID I have on my end does not match the one on your end -- so mine and everyone else's will be different, so the update has been pulled.

Instead I will be assigning a reference number and having an automatic email sent out to everyone who's registered, so this way you get the reference number as well as serial number.

I'm currently working on this right now and it should be available hopefully today.

Edit: Fix'd. The update is available and all users have been emailed their registration code.

Hi Hank i didn't get an emial

I sent my orginal paypal stuff to you via email just now

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey hank, how often do you update the database? Cause it seems like when I try to use the auto rename feature, a lot of the new games are never renamed. (Because the database doesn't recognize them)

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to the FAQ on the website:
QUOTE said:
Q. Why doesn’t XXXX game show up in Rominator? It’s a retail game!
A. The database most likely hasn’t been updated yet. It gets updated every Saturday, so have patience for the next update.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Oh okay, thanks a lot Rascal! So technically, it should be able to rename ALL my games by later today, since I tried yesterday (Friday) and updates are made on Saturdays
biggrin.gif

Good ol' Phi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah its good but why did you change the look???
look at this crap

IT REALLY SUX - LOOKS LIKE WINDOWS 98 SKIN!!!JUST GRAY AND WHITE
what happened to the old mac look??

(really,the skin sux dude,no insult)

or i don't know how to change it??

stephenvz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a suggestion for a future update, is it possible to allow us to edit the location of the folders after we add them in rominator...

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started using using Rominator (better late than never huh?).
I have a question. I know the database get updated on Saturdays but my list has many titles that are older than 1 week and cannot be currently renamed.
Suggestion - Have the ability where users can enter in the Rom info and add the new title to the database. Not sure if this is feasible but it would make life easy. I hate having to wait weeks for a simple rename function.

GBA support? I read it was considered. Will it be a reality? Would be very nice.

Considering donating. I want to see how well this program works for me. So far it seems really good. Very impressed!

Thank you Hank Chill!

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have they added the ability to import saves yet? I had to manually rename all my saves after I mistakenly had rominator rename all my backups.

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
setya5785: From what I understand, Hank is looking to add 7Z Support, but as the application is created using RealBasic, he is looking for a 7Z plugin for RealBasic to add this support.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
just a suggestion for a future update, is it possible to allow us to edit the location of the folders after we add them in rominator..

Along those lines just some way of knowing where the ROM's i have listed in Rominator are on my Hard drive would be good. What can i say ...sometimes i forget where i left things and a location would always be handy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...