Hacking Rominator v2008

browndog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hankchill said:
***ATTENTION***
Many users have reported to me that AVG has deemed Rominator to be a trojan. This is a problem with AVG's latest virus definitions, and they have been contacted about it.

I can assure you that Rominator is 100% safe to use and I would never put anyone's computer in harms way by doing something as stupid as putting a virus in my software.

Hopefully Grisoft (makers of AVG) will address this and fix it. AVG has had a history of making a lot of false-positives.

Regards,
--Henry

Thanks for this info. I updated my AVG signatures yesterday and while making a backup of my NDS files today, rominator.exe was detected as a threat running as an explore.exe process. I was just about to remove and clean until I saw this post.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Phew, got an update from a rep at AVG.

QUOTE said:
Hello,

Our virus lab department claims that your software is not detected by avg any longer as a threat. Should you still have problems, please contact [email protected]. Thank you,

Best Regards

Jan Cichy
AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.

Guess they have fixed it for today's virus definition update.

Mohammad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on here I'll check out your site now
happy.gif

edit: updated my iMac and since then rominator give an error but the error code is ""

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ever since you updated 2-3 versions back, I've had some problems with this app. First of all, I compress all my roms into your .rz format. Once in that state, OR as a normal rom, it will NOT trim when flashing to the card. This started when From the Abyss and Harvest Moon : Island of Happiness came out. So at the time, I thought it was either a glitch, or just a problem since the games were new, but the problem still exists, several updates later. For example, I just tried to put the (U) release of Dragon Quest 4 on it. The app said it would be 106mb trimmed. Once flashed to my iTouch, it's 131mb. Anyway to fix this, without giving up this app? Thanks.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
geminisama said:
Ever since you updated 2-3 versions back, I've had some problems with this app. First of all, I compress all my roms into your .rz format. Once in that state, OR as a normal rom, it will NOT trim when flashing to the card. This started when From the Abyss and Harvest Moon : Island of Happiness. So at the time, I thought it was either a glitch, or just a problem since the games were new, but the problem still exists, several updates later. For example, I just tried to put the (U) release of Dragon Quest 4 on it. The app said it would be 106mb trimmed. Once flashed to my iTouch, it's 131mb. Anyway to fix this, without giving up this app? Thanks.

Taken directly from the rominator.net website:

QUOTEPlease note that if you are going to submit feedback through Rominator, do not post your problem over at the GBAtemp.net message board. Posting your problem all over the place just makes it sound like you like to complain.
tongue.gif
Feedback is always dealt with and I respond in a timely manner.

If you don't submit feedback for tracking, I can't take an issue. Please don't copy and paste the above though, because I'll need all the information about your system and games you're using, and screenshots.

itbedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Hank - I'm new to the forum and to Rominator - but in general, I LOVE your app! I WISH I had found it earlier, as I've been manually managing ROMs and SAV files for my 2 kids NDSLs. What a time-saver this will be!

I sent you some feedback already through the software mechanism - and I haven't had time to read ALL the threads here - but I just want to reiterate you are SO CLOSE to perfection here. You've got the right idea - and all you need to do to perfect it is look at iTunes. Rominator can EASILY be iTunes for NDS ROMs. You already have much of the functionality - you are just missing a few conveniences and interface tidbits.

THE BIG feature I would like to see is giving the user a choice of either leaving the ROM files where they are or moving OR copying them to an organized central location - just as iTunes does with music files. I'd LOVE to know that ALL my ROM files are stored together in a central location, and I don't have to worry about duplicates elsewhere on my drive or network.

I'd also like to see support for helper apps for decompression. It's great that it allows you to unzip archives - but if those archives contain .rar files - then it's no help at all. If I could tell Rominator "here's an app I already have installed that you can use should you encounter X type of file" - that would be fantastic!

I'd also LOVE to see Rominator recognize .nds files within folders somehow and allow their import while ignoring everything else. For instance - I've got several folders of expanded zip archives, each that has .nfo docs and other misc. docs that sometimes come in the expanded .zip or .rar archives. As it stands, I have to dig the .nds files out of those manually to get them into Rominator (unless I'm missing something.) Why can I not just drag the whole folder - or several folders together - into Rominator, have it recognize and move the .nds files to a central library, and leave the rest untouch (or give the option to move the rest to the trash)??? That would be a HUGE time saver!

And last but not least - treat each flash card just as iTunes would treat an iPod: give it synch capabilities on insertion. So you can see your "playlist" of ROMs, even if the card is not mounted - and you can alter that playlist at any time. On next insertion, that card gets synched and updated, with SAV files automatically backed up with your backup tool.

Those few changes would put Rominator in a league of it's own!

Thanks again for your time!

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itbedave said:
THE BIG feature I would like to see is giving the user a choice of either leaving the ROM files where they are or moving OR copying them to an organized central location - just as iTunes does with music files. I'd LOVE to know that ALL my ROM files are stored together in a central location, and I don't have to worry about duplicates elsewhere on my drive or network.
This feature already exists. In your settings in the 'General' section. Make sure 'Automatically Copy Games to Respective Folder' is checked.

garco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry but I don't understand if it's a my problem or not
The database it's not up to date from days , or don't work for me?
It's stopped at the 2660!

Sorry for my english

itbedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TechnoCat said:
itbedave said:
This feature already exists. In your settings in the 'General' section. Make sure 'Automatically Copy Games to Respective Folder' is checked.

Thanks - I found that later after talking to Henry - I just don't think the way it's labeled makes it easy to understand that that is what it means. I've made some more suggestions to him directly for improving that feature (as well as adding others). Thanks!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
itbedave said:
Thanks - I found that later after talking to Henry - I just don't think the way it's labeled makes it easy to understand that that is what it means. I've made some more suggestions to him directly for improving that feature (as well as adding others). Thanks!

What can I say, it was the best I could think of at the time
wink.gif
I'll need the next week or so to absorb the novels you wrote me so don't expect some huge changes for this weekend's update, just some bug fixes and minor additions; it's great to hear suggestions though!

QUOTE said:
Sorry but I don't understand if it's a my problem or not
The database it's not up to date from days , or don't work for me?
It's stopped at the 2660!

Taken directly from the FAQs at http://www.rominator.net/
Q. Why doesn’t XXXX game show up in Rominator? It’s a retail game!
A. The database most likely hasn’t been updated yet. It gets updated every Saturday, so have patience for the next update.

I put the website up for a reason
wink.gif
And what day is it today? Saturday. Yes your database is updated
tongue.gif

itbedave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Hank - as I said before, the fact that you are taking suggestions and responding to your users so quickly at all is more than most developers do - so I thank you for everything you've done thus far.

I'll keep my novels for private feedback.
wink.gif

Thanks again!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
itbedave said:
You can do that by going to Preferences > General > Tick first check mark there, "Automatically Copy Games..."

Also Henry has a little something up his sleeve for the next major release...
wink.gif

EDIT: am I THAT slow at typing? I've written this message and like 5 new posts appeared D:

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TechnoCat said:
Salamantis said:
EDIT: am I THAT slow at typing? I've written this message and like 5 new posts appeared D:
You just simply forgot to look at the next page my friend.

Crap, you're right, thanks
tongue.gif

Also, in other news, Rominator 2008.17 is out for anyone wanting to update, change log:
[FIX] Temporary files are cleared properly when decompressing Zipped games
[+] Added a new option in the General Settings to automatically download the DS icon for Zip files. This way you do not need to identify them to retrieve their icon if they already have database info
[+] New menu item in Tools menu, 'Retrieve Icons Online' -- Can retrieve icon data if the icon is missing or corrupt. Same goes with a contextual menu as well as toolbar button
[+/-] Speed up of CRC32 verification as well as ZIP identification
[+] Added additional renaming tags: %h - Header, %e - Genre, %c - CRC32, %w - WiFi
[+] If you look in the Help menu, you'll notice a super-secret menu item. Can't tell you what it does yet, but you will find out!

I can't tell you much about that last change, but you'll all find out very soon, and I'm sure you'll all like the addition
wink.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice update hankchill ! Thanks.
wink.gif

Just a little question concerning nds auto-rename process. Did it rename also saves ?

If yes, then there is a bug for the ez5 flashcart. None of my saves has been renamed in /SAVE directory.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
ccosmos said:
Nice update hankchill ! Thanks.
wink.gif

Just a little question concerning nds auto-rename process. Did it rename also saves ?

If yes, then there is a bug for the ez5 flashcart. None of my saves has been renamed in /SAVE directory.

QUOTEPlease note that if you are going to submit feedback through Rominator, do not post your problem over at the GBAtemp.net message board. Posting your problem all over the place just makes it sound like you like to complain.
tongue.gif
Feedback is always dealt with and I respond in a timely manner.

Taken directly from rominator.net. Bugs sent in on the message board are ignored.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    finally, a zelda game where you play as zelda
    it only took 40 years
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @The Real Jdbye, They finally got the naming convention right.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now lets rename all of the old Zelda games to The Legend of Link. Lol.
    they kinda did that with zelda 2 at least it had link in the title
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ssDGBTssUI