Hacking Rominator v2008

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Just a question,where are the save files stored when they are backed up?

Looks like there are 2 folders depending upon your backup method.

NDS Save Files
|__

Save Defender
|__

And looks like these go to the default Application Data location that Rominator uses.
That is:
Mac OS X: ~username\Library\Preferences\Rominator Data
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data\Rominator Data
Windows Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\AppData\Roaming\Rominator Data
Or a Rominator Data folder in the folder that has the Rominator Program.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Seiko said:
QUOTE said:
Just a question,where are the save files stored when they are backed up?

Looks like there are 2 folders depending upon your backup method.

NDS Save Files
|__

Save Defender
|__

And looks like these go to the default Application Data location that Rominator uses.
That is:
Mac OS X: ~username\Library\Preferences\Rominator Data
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data\Rominator Data
Windows Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\~username\AppData\Roaming\Rominator Data
Or a Rominator Data folder in the folder that has the Rominator Program.

That's right.

It's all answered at the website!
http://www.rominator.net/

--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rominator's been updated to v2008.15! Here's what's new:

Changes in v2008.15
[+] Added in extra name processing if you have the Multilanguage Tag in the middle of the name and there is only 1 language, it will now remove the space after the %m (if there is data after the %m tag)
[+/-] Updated cheat download links to cohere with GBAtemp's new cheat directory structure
[+] Added in a new in-game FAQ system for use with the CycloDS, which can be accessed from the Tools menu
[+] Added an option in the General Settings to disable the existing file check, so if a file is missing it will not be highlighted red. This will also greatly speed up network access of your games

Enjoy!

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Straight from the included changelog with Rominator 2008

Changes in v2008.16
[FIX] If you were to run Rominator fresh off another computer or tried to put it on a USB stick with the Rominator Data folder, the settings file would not be created and Rominator would crash. This has been fixed.

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new database download killed my game list. Also won't let me recreate it. All files are zips.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Brenex said:
The new database download killed my game list. Also won't let me recreate it. All files are zips.

A database download wouldn't kill your game list. They have nothing to do with each other.

And if you're having a problem, please use Rominator Feedback, and provide detail. Your above statement as it is, is worthless to aid me in fixing a potential issue
smile.gif

snowmangoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hank... Been using your program since the beginning, but I've been really busy lately. I went to check for upgrades (from 2008.7) and it doesn't detect the newest version (grabbed it directly from your site). I'm sure it's because my version is so old, but since this is one of those things you might drop for a while if you don't have time, you might want to make sure that the older versions find the new ones no matter how old? Thanks!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: Oh no! Now when I try to put a game my card on it stop about 30% and never moves! HELP!!! I am running XP SP2 and using a SCD1.
EDIT2: Great now "My Computer" won't load. Thanks a lot.

EDIT3: nvm I got it all working now. I guess it was a one time error...

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I love this program! I think I'm gonna start using it as a trimmer too... Iunno. How does it compare to Tokyo Trim? That's the one I use, and it's lightning fast and trims them perfectly. Anyway, I mostly use this program for auto-renaimg @_@ Sooo useful. I tried to use the FAQ thing with my Cyclo, but when I go to add a FAW for a game, the gamelist is really small :\ I could only find the japanese DQ4, and the japanese Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, no English :\

Jessyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm just stupid. I got the regular list to work right but I can't get the flash cart to work right..

I clicked the + typed in DSTT as the name, under DSTT flash cart, directed it to K: I even tried K:\Games\
Which is where my games are located, it makes the list but no games show up..I drag and drop a rom from my unused roms list and it does nothing, just says 0 games successfully added. What am I doing wrong?

Oh and when I direct it to K: my homebrew apps show up, but thats it.

I figured it out, it's not compatible with individual folders I guess.

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
***ATTENTION***
Many users have reported to me that AVG has deemed Rominator to be a trojan. This is a problem with AVG's latest virus definitions, and they have been contacted about it.

I can assure you that Rominator is 100% safe to use and I would never put anyone's computer in harms way by doing something as stupid as putting a virus in my software.

Hopefully Grisoft (makers of AVG) will address this and fix it. AVG has had a history of making a lot of false-positives.

Regards,
--Henry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm im back