Rominator v2008

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hankchill, May 24, 2008.

May 24, 2008

Rominator v2008 by hankchill at 2:17 AM (101,804 Views / 0 Likes) 697 replies

1. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Rominator v2008 has officially been released!

GO HERE FOR A FREE REGISTRATION CODE: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=159246&hl=

[​IMG]

This version has been completely rewritten from the ground up to bring the best possible Rominator experience to everyone.

All of the same great features have been retained, and rewritten, such as:
    • Organizing game lists and Flash Cards
    • Automatically renaming your games
    • Game trimming
    • Support for NDS, Zip, and Rominator's format, rZip
    • Game verification
    • Save Game management
    ...And More!

A *HUGE* special thanks to Salamantis for assisting me in the development in Rominator, as well as providing the Quick Start Guide, available in the download.

Please note that I can no longer support Linux as the features that Rominator has are incompatible with it. If you use Rominator under Linux with any form of Windows emulator, I will be unable to support it.

Download for Mac OS X
    Download for Windows

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
  3. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG]
    You gain -5 GamerScore!

4. Orc

Member Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    Thanks hankchill. You are not 1337 anymore but still awesome.

5. wiidsguy

Member wiidsguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really like it thank you so much, i sent some money to help the Cause, you are great.

6. leavemealone347

Member leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This looks like a great program! It is much more slick feeling!

I have a few questions though. How come my saves are not appearing in Rominator (I did find the folder that the old Rominator used but they are not showing up in 2008) and also I do not have those icons at the top of my window.

I guess I have the first bug because when I click on a ROM file my window looks like this:

[​IMG]

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I'm wondering if v2008 is compatible with all the settings files from v3.x?

8. SP0RK

Newcomer SP0RK Member

United States
    Wow, very nice! [​IMG]

9. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I removed my old Rominator and installed Rominator 2008 and so far I have one bug that is bothersome. Looks exactly like the screenshot the LeaveMeAlone just posted. Here is how it occurs:

On my MacBook Pro, running Leopard, whenever I select a ROM in the list, the +, -, Refresh buttons are getting covered up by something. If I select any other app/window and then come back to Rominator, it clears up. But as soon as I select another ROM, Rominator's screen gets messed up.

EDIT: I'm also not seeing the toolbar shown in the screenshots in your PDF or in your screenshot in this thread. Is the toolbar a Windows-only feature. BTW, just sent you a few $. Can't wait to try the unlocked features.

EDIT #2: If I'm correct, the stuff that is over-writing the +, -, Refresh section is the toolbar icons that I mentioned in my first edit. I hope that helps.

EDIT #3: OK, last edit. This will help LeaveMeAlone. I discovered that by clicking the oval in the top-right of the window, the toolbar shows up and avoids the messed up display when selecting a ROM. Still a bug that needs to get squashed, but much more usable now.

10. hankchill
    OP

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Ahhh -- Judging by the shape of the 'boxes' that are covering things up, I'm guessing the Toolbar is the culprit on it. Strange though, myself or Salamantis both didn't have this problem :/

I'll check it tomorrow, and if I can fix it, I will -- There's always a way to fix it!

As for activating the toolbar, it's standard in every OS X app that supports one to click the oval in the top right corner [​IMG]

In regards to saves, they will need to be reimported. I changed the way Rominator handles saves, because I realized the way it was handled in the current version was not very good -- each game had a save folder based on the rom number. Let's say I make a mistake in the rom numbering, and change it. When you refresh, the number would update, and your saves would then be associated with a completely different game. The saves are now associated with the Rom's Header, so this way no matter what, if the numbers change, the header will always stay the same, making sure Rominator still looks in the correct save path.

EDIT: Yep, found the bug. Will have it fixed for tomorrow. That's an easy one [​IMG]

11. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Thanks for the nice update! [​IMG]

EDIT: I like the GUI enhancements [​IMG]

12. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I keep getting this prompt with all the versions of Rominator including 2008
    [​IMG]

13. jesterscourt

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    Does a donation unlock the GBA support?

14. markmcrobie

Member markmcrobie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    2008 was working fine for me until I added my M3 Simply card (via USB adapter) - everytime I click on my card in the list I get "Rominator has stopped working and needs to close".

Running Vista HP 32Bit and Rominator in Compatability mode and Administator mode.

I just donated $5 too.

15. gumbyscout

Member gumbyscout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have the same problem except that I have a EZ Flash V. My OS is Windows XP SP2. The card is a 2 gig Kingston Japan via 2.0 usb card reader.

16. Dzan

Newcomer Dzan Member

United States
    Very nice program. Nice work. Definitely considering putting in a donation.

17. stefanol

Newcomer stefanol Advanced Member

Poland
    Great [​IMG] Good work hankchill - just downloaded it, let's see how it works [​IMG]

18. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    does it play nice with networked drives yet?

19. FrankSinatra

Newcomer FrankSinatra Member

United States
    Awesome, thanks, I'm loving v2008, and I finally got around to donating. Anyway, there is one thing I don't like about the new version; the save management system just seems awkward. The biggest issue I have with it is the small, unresizable (and unmovable and lacking close-button) window. For games with long names especially, its difficult to distinguish between multiple save files, as the endings get cut off. When dealing with large amounts of save files (like, say, reimporting all the saves from the previous version), the new setup is rather unwieldy and difficult. I know its not a large priority, but I'd also like an "export" button; when dealing with multiple saves (or, quite often, when I send a game to my card and forget to open the save file window and check the box), I have to dig through the saves folders to find them. While its not as much a hassle now that they're stored by name instead of number, it would still be a welcome feature.

20. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Nice one, using it!