Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey hankchill !
It's not a complain.
shy.gif

I was unsure about sending the feedback message because my firewall give me a warning (time to change it if it didn't block outgoing traffic).

Take a drink. It's for me.
grog.gif

Leonick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
About that "it is not a trojan" warning, i think you can take that away... well i dont know about avg but avast no longer picks it up as a trojan

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New version is Great,

I really enjoy the Application, Keep up the Great work.

*Anxious to find out what the new super secret menu option will be*

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That makes me Happy.

^___^

I would love to win any of those prizes, with the exception of Prize 4.... as I already got a couple of licenses for the computers that I use..

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ccosmos said:
Nice update hankchill ! Thanks.
wink.gif

Just a little question concerning nds auto-rename process. Did it rename also saves ?

If yes, then there is a bug for the ez5 flashcart. None of my saves has been renamed in /SAVE directory.
It's ok in v2008.18. My saves are also renamed now. Great !

Thanks a lot hankchill !
wink.gif

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This used to work but now it just goes so slow. When I try to trim the window pops up but it just stays there saying rom action.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
so, you dropped linux support just so you could add in some windows/mac only drm, so you could get $2?

pitty really

No, if I remember right Linux support was dropped because of problems with the RAD environment. Hank is not greedy, he doesn't force anybody to donate. You don't think someone who's worked on such a great program for such a long time deserves to ask (remember they are not forced) for donations? Personally I believe you owe Hank an apology.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
UltraMagnus said:
so, you dropped linux support just so you could add in some windows/mac only drm, so you could get $2?

pitty really

No, if I remember right Linux support was dropped because of problems with the RAD environment. Hank is not greedy, he doesn't force anybody to donate. You don't think someone who's worked on such a great program for such a long time deserves to ask (remember they are not forced) for donations? Personally I believe you owe Hank an apology.

I owe no one anything. and I have nothing against programmers being rewarded, I have donated to many of the open source projects I use.

whatever, it is still crippleware.

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
markmcrobie said:
Hank, what's the changelog for 2008.18??
I got this from the "Version History.txt" file in the archive that comes with each download of Rominator 2008.

09-27-2008 - Changes in v2008.18
[FIX] Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow you to customize the toolbar [Windows]
[+/-] If you've already entered in the contest, the contest window will no longer just close itself, so you can still read the rules (but not enter twice)

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
UltraMagnus said:

pitty really

Linux support was dropped over a year ago, and for good reasons.
a) There are so many distributions of it that it's impossible to perfect for them.
b) Many of the used plugins did not work with Linux. Too bad.
c) It's enough work supporting the Mac & Windows community.
d) Time.

Just because I don't support *your* OS doesn't mean that you can run around spouting 'it's crippleware'. I support the two major OS's in the world, Mac OS X and Windows. Period. Linux is, and always will be, the underdog unfortunately. Heck, I was originally not going to support Windows, but I'd lose 3/4 of the userbase then. As much as I wanted to originally support Linux, it just wasn't happening as Linux wasn't cooperating.

I'm sure that you Linux guys would like to see this a supported application under your OS but unless it's ported, it's not happening. Don't lose any sleep over it.

You can't please everyone.

Regards,
--Henry

Mr.Seiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question/comment/possible bug/oversight with compression and verifying CRC32

As soon as I add a game to Rominator, I verify CRC32, then within the next few days, I may end up compressing the Rom. When selecting the Rom to compress, and pressing compress, the first thing it will do is calculate the CRC32. Just wondering if this is Expected operation, or if there was or should be something that checks to see if the CRC32 was already calculated, and then skip it if it was already calculated.

EDIT:

Perhaps I'm just crazy for doing the CRC32 first, then compressing later. Has anyone else run into this issue?

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Linux sucks. It's just like he said, there are so many 887954785734 different distros and dekstops and rendering libraries, it's a huge mess, no wonder hardware companies don't give a damn about it.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Linux support was dropped over a year ago, and for good reasons.
a) There are so many distributions of it that it's impossible to perfect for them.
There are standard toolsets available on all distributions.
hankchill said:
Just because I don't support *your* OS doesn't mean that you can run around spouting 'it's crippleware'.
I was not saying that because you do not support linux, I said it because it fits the definition of crippleware, to quote wikipedia:
"Crippleware is any product whose functions have been limited (or "crippled", thus the name) with the express purpose of requiring the user to pay for those functions (either paying a one-time fee or continually paying a service)"

hankchill said:
Period. Linux is, and always will be, the underdog unfortunately.
as long as people like you maintain that attitude rather than actually try things of course it will!
QUOTE(hankchill @ Oct 13 2008, 09:44 AM) I'm sure that you Linux guys would like to see this a supported application under your OS but unless it's ported, it's not happening. Don't lose any sleep over it.

I am sure someone would port it, hell, I might do it myself, unfortunately the source code is not available, now is it?

QUOTE(BrianTokyo @ Oct 24 2008, 02:32 PM)
Linux sucks. It's just like he said, there are so many 887954785734 different distros and dekstops and rendering libraries, it's a huge mess, no wonder hardware companies don't give a damn about it.

don't spout your mouth if you have not tried it, yes, there are a large amount of distro's, its called choice, I am sure you windows users are unfamiliar with the term. as i have said, there are standard tools and libraries that make programs work 100% on all linux distro's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Kenny didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, right?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, btw i already asked this a bit ago but you werent there so im asking it again. have you ever wore skirts before, and if you did, how does it feel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why am I going to waste an hour when I can read Chary summing it up for me in ten minutes
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes I had done. Was great, but never done it again since.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or watch the trailers individually
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, why not?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Lost interest.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, The trailers are all on the Nintendo YT.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, for me its the opposite, im interested in skirts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw going to sleep in 10 minutes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And a photo of my mom's tits are saved in your phone
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, still not
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Psi still has plenty of uremum's photos on his phone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm good night
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Police probably interrogated him, asking if the pics were hot.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone's phone gets taken by the police what are you doing on yours :mellow:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Excuse me sir, are these naked pics of kens mum?" ...yes officer. "Cool, can you send me those"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn by now you'd think Ken's mum would be in your auto fill category must be slacking
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It be more like this: Police Officer- "Cool, let me show you the ones I have on my phone."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sure your phone has a 1:1 copy of Diddy's
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The 'P' in Diddy stands for EPstein.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You were warned by the government not to install the diddy rom img went and did it now you got take down notices
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Please pay us in MoneyPak to get access to your phone. :rofl2:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Please pay us in MoneyPak to get access to your phone. :rofl2: