I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
@juggernaut911: There's no way the icons could be the wrong icons -- They are pulled directly from the game
tongue.gif

Actually....

When I was having that Pac'nRoll problem, deleting a game caused all my icons past the deleted game to be shifted one up. I was able to fix it by restarting Rominator.

What you could have done is just clicked off the library, and then clicked on it again -- It would have refreshed the listing
biggrin.gif

You and your Pac'n Roll can eat me.
tongue.gif
Kidding!

@enigmaindex: Well we can't always get what we want
tongue.gif
Thanks for the cookie, but now I need a new monitor as I've just bit a chunk off the screen and have liquid crystal pouring in my mouth. Damn intarw3bs c00k135!

On topic: I've made all the changes and suggestions that everyone has made, I just need to do some Windows XP testing to fix 2 more small bugs, and I'll have 5.1 available tomorrow
biggrin.gif
Full changelog will be posted tomorrow.

Regards,
--Henry

Oh, and guys, if you're going to submit feedback, make it actually worth something -- And include an email address as well, or else I'm not taking your feedback into consideration. This is one I just got:

From Jeff, no email address
"Don't read the icons from the ROM's every time you startup - cache them
You should also be able to check CRC's on .NDS files without them being in the database - the CRC is located inside the header of the file."

"Jeff": Icons ARE cached; keep with the times, and the latest builds.
I can check CRC's on anything, and if you knew ANYTHING about the format of DS games, you'd be smart enough to know that the CRC is NOT in the header of the file. It must be calculated. Besides, what the heck is the use of getting a CRC and not having a database entry to compare it to? Hey look, I have the CRC for game number 2000! It's not out yet, but hey I have it anyways, let's do a whole lot of NOTHING with it.

I tell you, some uneducated people make me want to choke someone, especially at 4:00AM. Don't mess with me when I'm stuck at work all night for 12 hours
ph34r.gif

Email addresses will now be mandatory for submitting feedback. Either people follow the protocol, or don't use the feature. Simple as that.

Dazimus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tried to send via the feedback box but I can't, which brings me to my suggestion nicely
smile.gif

"Can you implement somewhere to enter proxy settings? Or make updates (database/trainers) available from a http or ftp? I use Rominator at work and am unable to get updates because the proxy blocks Rominator accessing the internet. Cheers!"

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tried to send via the feedback box but I can't, which brings me to my suggestion nicely
smile.gif

"Can you implement somewhere to enter proxy settings? Or make updates (database/trainers) available from a http or ftp? I use Rominator at work and am unable to get updates because the proxy blocks Rominator accessing the internet. Cheers!"

I looked into adding proxy settings into Rominator, didn't understand it enough to implement, so it might be a lil difficult to do right now. Can you not just set your proxy exceptions and add hankchill.com to that list? We've got a proxy at work as well and I have managed to let traffic from Rominator pass through (well, mainly because we run an ISA server as well, so with the proxy plus ISA it allows non-blocked sites access through, which includes Rominator). I'd tell you where to download directly, but the databases are stored in a compressed format online and decompressed when downloaded by Rominator...

..Moral of the story is: Use Rominator at home, not at work!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mind you, I technically could host the database uncompressed, but that would be too much work
tongue.gif
It's 5:00AM, I've still got an hour left of work, I don't feel like doing anything
tongue.gif

wizzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a great program! thanks for all your hard work.

I have just upgraded to your latest version but It states that my email address is not valid but I have checked it and re input on numerous occasions but no Joy. What can I be doing wrong? I am trying to add a suggestion
thanks Karl

I am running XP sp2

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
What a great program! thanks for all your hard work.

I have just upgraded to your latest version but It states that my email address is not valid but I have checked it and re input on numerous occasions but no Joy. What can I be doing wrong? I am trying to add a suggestionÂ
thanks Karl

I am running XP sp2

Hi Karl,

It is a known issue that it will not accept emails with multiple suffixes, such as co.uk or co.jp. What is the suffix to your email?

Originally I had it working but then I guess some code I added in broke it. I'll have it fixed shortly.

--Henry

two40

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hank, when i click on that button next to the icons it crashes. why is that?

ahhh don't hurt me. i'm just messing with you. i'm really impressed with everything you've done and especially the way you've taken on the suggestions of all the members here. thank you for all your effort sir.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you have a feedback/suggestion system, do we submit questions on there too? So if we submit questions through that you'll reply back through email I would guess?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I know you have a feedback/suggestion system, do we submit questions on there too? So if we submit questions through that you'll reply back through email I would guess?

You got it
smile.gif

Just to make you guys aware as well, I'm already aware of an issue that doesn't allow a "." before the "@" symbol, so if your email was [email protected], it wouldn't accept it. It's been fixed and will be released with v5.1.1.

--Henry

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did I miss your announcement of 5.1 being available in your sig?

EDIT: You missed that really big "copy zips over to your flashcard" bug. This was the bug that prevents me from using Rominator. I cannot copy games from my library to my flashcard without getting "Error! There was an error copying the rom to the flash. It is possible that your rom or FlashDrive was ejected or the Rom does not exist anymore".

I'm writing up a formal bug report even as we speak.

I'm posting it here first, though, because 5.1 will be advertised as having zip support. You're going to get a lot of people with Zips complaining about this.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

EDIT: You missed that really big "copy zips over to your flashcard" bug. This was the bug that prevents me from using Rominator. I cannot copy games from my library to my flashcard without getting "Error! There was an error copying the rom to the flash. It is possible that your rom or FlashDrive was ejected or the Rom does not exist anymore".

I'm posting it here first, though, because 5.1 will be advertised as having zip support. You're going to get a lot of people with Zips complaining about this.

I'll have to do some testing with you personally, since I can't recreate the problem, and nobody has complained about it yet either.

Go ahead and just send me a report, I'll email you back and have a private beta building session with you, let's see if we can tackle it down!

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'll have to do some testing with you personally, since I can't recreate the problem, and nobody has complained about it yet either.

Go ahead and just send me a report, I'll email you back and have a private beta building session with you, let's see if we can tackle it down!

Sure thing. I'm currently re-scanning my icons because I did a fresh install. (I tried using the beta cache, but some of my previously detected ROMs had "?" icons.) Once I see the results of the icon caching, I'll submit my report.

Go Pac'N'Roll!

EDIT:

!@#$%^& Pac'N'Roll. It still shows up as a zip icon.

Report sent. I look forward to helping you fix the bugs.

IBNobody

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before but... Where the heck did the section showing the box art with the used space go?Â
blink.gif

"[GUI] Details has now been placed in a 'sliding window' back in the main window"

Taken straight from the changelog.

--Henry

If you just download the version in your sig, how can you display the change log?

I had to hex edit the program to get the change log URL.

http://www.hankchill.com/nds/prv.txt

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before but... Where the heck did the section showing the box art with the used space go?Â
blink.gif

"[GUI] Details has now been placed in a 'sliding window' back in the main window"

Taken straight from the changelog.

--Henry

If you just download the version in your sig, how can you display the change log?

I had to hex edit the program to get the change log URL.

http://www.hankchill.com/nds/prv.txt

I'm gonna have to start encoding my URL's
wink.gif

I'll be including the changelog in the documentation soon to be released.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so sorry to disturb this tranquil thread, but... hang on: this was never peaceful in any way
tongue.gif

Anyway; I am an AVID linux user; and was very disappointed to find that the current build for linux tries to initialise "/usr/lib/libc.so". See:

Code:
Runtime Error 4: Failed Assertion
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 268
Failure Condition: lib->mLibraryHandle
Missing shared library /usr/lib/libc.so

Code:
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 282
Failure Condition: functionEntry
Could not resolve function 'time' in /usr/lib/libc.so

Code:
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

../Common/loaderX86.cpp: 282
Failure Condition: functionEntry
Could not resolve function 'localtime_r' in /usr/lib/libc.so

Thought you should know
tongue.gif

(btw: libc is actually stored as /lib/libc.so.6 in Debian distributions)

Add: Making symbolic links to /lib/libc.so.6 to /usr/lib/libc.so just segfaults, so maybe its a problem with your compiler... :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo