Country
Canada

GuardianHX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, I had the same problem before. Draglade (And another game, forget which) were both in the database, and I even checked the statistics, but the icon and box art wouldn't show. I refreshed, and even closed the program and re-opened it, but that didn't work.

I ended up removing the rom from the list and putting it back in, and that fixed it.

andreasfc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have small issue on using the program, I cannot get an update for the database. I know the probable the cause of it, because I am behind a proxy server. There isn't an option for setting it up also.
Thanx

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have small issue on using the program, I cannot get an update for the database. I know the probable the cause of it, because I am behind a proxy server. There isn't an option for setting it up also.
Thanx

Hi, I understand you are new, but please do *NOT* post in here and send me a private message at the same time. It's not very nice and is essentially 'double posting'. If you're gonna ask me, then ask me. If you're going to post in the thread, then don't ask me.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers bud. Just wanted to let you know what a great job you did with this program and what a great job you're continuing to do. Never really had a chance to thank you before but I've been using it since day one and it is awesome for managing my rom collection. I remember back when you entered it into the competition I was a little unsure about it but after seeing a screenshot of the program in action I remember thinking "Damn, that looks sweet!" and I downloaded it. I've never looked back since. Thanks so much for this program and I hope someday you create something else as good as this program is and continues to be.

- Fitzy

bigbambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hank, great rom manager. best i've seen for os x.

2 questions: how often is the db updated?

do you know of any dupes in the db? for the life of me i can't get to 100% complete because of these 8 roms:

0133: Madagascar (E) (Europe) (Activision) (Platformer) (Trashman)
0572: Alex Rider - Stormbreaker (E) (Europe) (THQ) (Action) (Trashman)
0639: Over the Hedge - Hammy Goes Nuts! (U) (USA) (Activision) (Platformer) (Supremacy)
0719: Cooking Mama (E) (M3) (Europe) (505 Games) (Other) (FireX)
0813: Cars (E) (M2) (Europe) (THQ) (Driving) (WRG)
0848: Winning Eleven - Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (U) (M2) (USA) (Konami) (Sports - Soccer) (Xenophobia)
1418: Surf's Up (E) (M5) (Europe) (Ubisoft) (Sports - Surfing) (sUppLeX)
1755: The Golden Compass (E) (M5) (Europe) (Sega) (Platformer) (Xenophobia)

every time i get a new version of any of those it just ends up wanting to overwrite some other version of the rom with a different #.

thanks again, keep up the great work.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
@bigbambo:
I am able to achieve 100% owned in the list (shhh, don't tell nobody!) no problems. Go to Advanscene and get the CRC's of the missing games (or just export CRC) and compare them to your games, see if they match.

@ZAFDeltaForce:
That's right, every Saturday! However this week it'll be today (Friday) 'cause I'm working night shift and will be sleeping most of Saturday. If anyone has any questions, wants to chat, needs help, whatever, feel free to get me on AIM all night
wink.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for this app hank! it really makes ROM management alot easier. the only thing i could ask for is support for more save formats, specifically for the G6 Real.

keep up the good work!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the positive feedback
smile.gif
It's really hard for me to add other save formats if I do not know how they are handled. It'll definitely be considered in the future.

Right now though, I've released v5.3.2, with the following changes:

[FIX] If you had your Games Location set to an external drive, and that drive was not present, it would give error 1034 and error 1001 every few seconds afterwards. This has been corrected

[FIX] Fixed error 1058 when setting your Games Location in the startup wizard

[+] Settings is renamed Preferences, and is accessible in the Application menu (Mac OS X Only). Has also been renamed to Preferences for Windows.

[+] There have been a couple issues where icons would show up blank or scrambled. Just double click on the icon and it will be re-cached and refreshed

[+] Contextual Menu is now available when right-clicking in the Rom List -- The menu contains the same functionality as the Actions menu

[FIX] Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a '##' to appear after the flash card name, giving an error

[FIX] Fixed error 1107, where if you had a corrupt box art it would crash

[+] Added a new action when in a Flash Card list: Backup Save. You can now backup an existing save game by either right clicking on the game, or selecting the option from the Actions button

[GUI] Revamped Export options for Statistics. You can now export either both owned/missing games together, export as a text file or Microsoft Excel .CSV file, as well as having more export options available

And just to let you all know, I'm planning something *huge* with Rominator. Can't say what, wouldn't want to spoil the surprise
smile.gif

Happy Holidays everyone!

--Henry

TinyBilbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Henry,

Just found your little proggy a few days ago, had a few teething problems, (some of which have been fixed in your update).
I suspect "U.S.E.R" errors were more to blame than anything
smile.gif
, but all seems to run well now.

I just wanted to say "thank you" for a great app!

I don't normally use individual RomManagers, finding that Romcentre, windows explorer and a bit of good housekeeping eliminates the need - but yours works so well I have a feeling it'll be a keeper!

Just one little question
smile.gif
(The answer is probably staring me in the face!)
I use romcentre with a No-Intro .dat and a "1game 1 region" sublist which basically gives me list of only Usa and Jap games, but without dupes (i.e SuperMario 64 (1.1)(Usa) but not the 1.0(Usa), Jap, or Eur versions).
Is it possible to do something similar with rominator?, because at the moment I am using Romcentre 1st, then Rominator and I just want to eliminate using Romcentre completely.

Many thanks

LordMelkor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to sync all the saves from your flashcard to the saves in the rominator data folder? If not that would be a nice feature instead of having to copy over saves one by one for each game, and vice versa.

bigbambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bigbambo:
I am able to achieve 100% owned in the list (shhh, don't tell nobody!) no problems. Go to Advanscene and get the CRC's of the missing games (or just export CRC) and compare them to your games, see if they match.

k, i'm going nuts here.

I unsure if maybe my database is hosed - i did run out of disk space during an import of roms and rominator crashed..

but, for whatever reason the 7 roms i'm missing always want to overwrite something already in the db even though the crc32 is different.

here are the file crc32:
They are all unique.
Picture1.png

Here are the instances of the rom that are already in the database. Note rom #517 is missing.
Picture2.png

And here i get the overwrite message when trying to add the 517 rom:
Picture3.png

Any ideas?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
gameid 0587 and 0588 are inversed

Hey, newbie, don't post any problems here. Submit them through the bug reports section in Rominator.

Besides, it's Christmas time, I'm not fixing anything in the next couple of day.

--Henry

EDIT: Also, if you have a claim that something is not the way it should be, I would need proof, so be sure to include any sources.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice app though how do i get multi games folder i have roms on a DVD and roms in a Roms folder i use windows it says in the manual you can have multi folder but i cant seem to get any
frown.gif
also merry christmas.

Blizz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah it's a very nice application, love using it. It has made my life a lot easier.
Also, my gratitude to hankchill for taking the time to respond to any (stupid) questions I have posed via mail.

Some questions:
  • * If you select multiple roms (10 or so) and then do Actions > rZip, the program closes after zipping the final rom. No idea if that's intended or not. There were one or 2 occasions where it didn't happen. I'm thinking that it closes if you include the last rom from your list.
    * The new right click menu is very cool, but (though this is probably intended behavior) if you have multiple selected roms, any action from the right click menu only applies to the rom you right click on, not the entire selection.
    * Do you think there will be ever a possibility that a screenshot (or several) of the game can be included as well?
    * Is it feasible to add some kind of custom action to the menu's? Being able to assemble command lines and having filename, rom id, game name etc as possible variables would be very handy. I would use it to add a link to release sites with more rom info & screenshots. Unfortunately they don't seem to use the actual rom ID, so that might be hard to accomplish since there's no way of knowing the correct URL.
Just to be clear: the program is awesome and extremely usable as is, only attempting to help improving it
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...