Hacking ROM organization on AceKard

megahog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - I am sorry if this has been asked - but I do not know how to search for it...

I just received my AK2i, and I am wondering what is the optimal way to put my ROM folders on the micro SDHC card? I am planning on having each system (such as SNES) have it's own folder with all the roms and the ".nds" emu file within it. Where do I put these folders - in the AKAIO "_aio" folder or do I put them all in the root directory of the micro SDHC card? I don't want to brick my AK2i, so I am taking all caution necessary!

Thanks a lot.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
If it's anything like any other flash card, just make a folder on the root of your memory card and drop all the games in there. Although I don't have one yet, I've seen people do this on YouTube videos
smile.gif

And you'll be able to have a folder for each type of game, for example; NDS, GBC, NES et cetera.

megahog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice - I have been doing this and it seems to work perfectly. Now, what do I do about DS emulators (NO$GBA) since the emulators are .exe? Do I put these emulators in the root directory of the SDHC card? Does DS-emulation require a .nds emulator?

Thanks a lot!

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
megahog said:
nice - I have been doing this and it seems to work perfectly. Now, what do I do about DS emulators (NO$GBA) since the emulators are .exe? Do I put these emulators in the root directory of the SDHC card? Does DS-emulation require a .nds emulator?

Thanks a lot!
blink.gif
Umm... No emulator needed! Just the firmware files from the Acekard site/AKAIO. You're playing on a DS, so there's no need to emulate what you're already using! Think of it as using bootcamp to run... I dunno, Windows XP inside Windows XP
tongue.gif

Yeah, it's pretty simple. All you need are a few files and your roms!
yaynds.gif

Edit: Anyway, this is a little off-topic buuuuuuut... What memory card are you using with the Acekard, and how's it doing? And how much would you rate the card out of 10?

megahog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, right now I am using a Kingston 4gb class 4 - for this is what I ordered with the AK21 - and it is working great with my vintage SNES roms. However, I have a 16 gb Transcend class 6 on the way, and I am hoping for this to be my main unit. I will definitely let everyone know how this Transcend behaves after I test all my roms.

But, anyways, all you have to do is create a NDS Rom folder in the root directory, and then just put your NDS roms into it?!

Thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You just install the firmware (akmenu4.nds file and __aio folder) onto the root. Make a folder named "games" (or whatever you want to call it) and drop your .nds files there. That's it!

-Bri

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^ That's what I meant! I'm just bad at explaining.
tongue.gif

And I can't wait to read about the Class 6 Transcend!!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
megahog said:
I have a 16 gb Transcend class 6 on the way, and I am hoping for this to be my main unit. I will definitely let everyone know how this Transcend behaves after I test all my roms.

please do not forget to post back and let us know. i've read a few posts on various forums where people claim the 16gb cards do not work in akaio. if you have the time would you be so kind as to format with the panasonic formatter, and then test this?

cheers,
-another world

megahog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but of course! I will format using the panasonic formatter. I'll let everyone know this evening when I try it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi